Thread: Kazza Lite Very Slow With Dl And I Have Cable!

alright i have a cable modem and i dl at an average at 250 kbs. however when i dl stuff from kazaa it dls VERY slow (like 5 kbs on average) and it mostly always says need more sources or remotley qued. is there a fix for this? i also have a broadband router if that has anything to do with it but it is very fast and good ( 11mbs) if anyone can help me thanks!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by JustWasntInMe@31 January 2004 - 15:09
    alright i have a cable modem and i dl at an average at 250 kbs. however when i dl stuff from kazaa it dls VERY slow (like 5 kbs on average) and it mostly always says need more sources or remotley qued. is there a fix for this? i also have a broadband router if that has anything to do with it but it is very fast and good ( 11mbs) if anyone can help me thanks!!!!!
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

you also need to get kanat since you are behind a router

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by JustWasntInMe@31 January 2004 - 14:09
    i also have a broadband router if that has anything to do with it but it is very fast and good ( 11mbs) if anyone can help me thanks!!!!!
    The only routers that have speeds of 11 mbps are WIRELESS routers.

That 11 mbps speed is their THEORETICAL MAX, actual speeds are typically 5 mbps or less and beyond 20 feet from the router speeds may be LESS THAN 1 mbps!

Even with >5 mbps speeds, wireless routers often fail miserably under heavy connections/sec load caused by file-sharing programs.

In any case, with routers and KL++, you need ip port-forwarding at the router's level to the computer AND KaNAT.