Thread: Leechers

How do I stop Leechers?
    Iset my uploads to 6-10 but after about 10 mins there are 20 or so peeps
    I did get an anti leech plugin but it wouldnt work
    Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    What are you talking about? If you are letting people upload what is the problem, or is your problem that there are too may uploads. Check your setting in options, and make sure that you have unchecked the box for extra upload bandwidth when computer is idle.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by I_Delete_Fakes@31 January 2004 - 19:10
    How do I stop Leechers?
    Iset my uploads to 6-10 but after about 10 mins there are 20 or so peeps
    I did get an anti leech plugin but it wouldnt work
    Thanks
    there is no way to tell who is leeching and who is not because of the privacy patch for the love of god let it go there is no way to tell

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Out of The Ordinary
    How can You tell if They're sharing or not?
    Privacy patch

BOT

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Ok Perhaps Leeching was the wrong word,
    I set my uploads to 6 - 10 peeps ok, cos I have a lot of Rare'ish movie files and Games which are all 700-2GB in size and if someone starts d/l from me at 2K it's gonna take 4eva!! thats why I limit it, at the mo it's set at just 4 as I'm sharing lotr return of the king on 2 cd's and Xp Super cd, 6 versions on 1 disc and others
    I unchecked the extra bandwidth,
    Thanks

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by I_Delete_Fakes@31 January 2004 - 19:27
    Ok Perhaps Leeching was the wrong word,
    I set my uploads to 6 - 10 peeps ok, cos I have a lot of Rare'ish movie files and Games which are all 700-2GB in size and if someone starts d/l from me at 2K it's gonna take 4eva!! thats why I limit it, at the mo it's set at just 4 as I'm sharing lotr return of the king on 2 cd's and Xp Super cd, 6 versions on 1 disc and others
    I unchecked the extra bandwidth,
    Thanks
    there you go again, just because somebody is downloading from you at 2 does not mean that is how fast they are downloading, you could be just one of the many sources they have and all they need from you is that, so:

"STOP PLAYING GOD WITH YOUR UPLOADS" and let klite do its thing, don't worry about your uploads and don't mess with them like that, just set it to what you connection can handle and let klite do the rest