Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hola

FatBastard
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@1 February 2004 - 17:29
    Would it be OK if I start closing threads and reply in Swedish explaining why I closed it?

BOT
    Sure! Go ahead. Start with this one, UKMan can tell us what you say.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    TRshady
    Originally posted by bigboab@1 February 2004 - 02:07
    Me much no understando You speako englaise or threado getso closed downo.

I was trying to figure out what that meant in spanish till me realized

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Arriba!!!!

Guittaros asta mojo donde bujucanes!!!

KennyBeBack-Yogi

4. Lounge   -   #34
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Bueno,
    Que hacemos ahorra?
    Donde quieres ir con esto?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    This is a lot less offensive than a lot of the "English" posts.

At least here I don't have to try to work out what people are saying, or trying to. I suspect that the sentence structure and understanding of the words is just as bad here, just in a different language. However as I don't understand a word of it, it is not offensive.

If someone wishes to insult others in a different language, not really a problem for me. Remember to stand in a corner and giggle after-wards though.

The mods however have to understand what is being said, otherwise they cannot do their job. Simply asking everyone to post in the same language is surely not that big an issue. It takes three times as long to check a post, using an inaccurate interweb translator, which itself will lead to confusion and misunderstandings.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by J'Pol@1 February 2004 - 13:45
    This is a lot less offensive than a lot of the "English" posts.

At least here I don't have to try to work out what people are saying, or trying to. I suspect that the sentence structure and understanding of the words is just as bad here, just in a different language. However as I don't understand a word of it, it is not offensive.

If someone wishes to insult others in a different language, not really a problem for me. Remember to stand in a corner and giggle after-wards though.

The mods however have to understand what is being said, otherwise they cannot do their job. Simply asking everyone to post in the same language is surely not that big an issue. It takes three times as long to check a post, using an inaccurate interweb translator, which itself will lead to confusion and misunderstandings.
    Fppmpppmfpmf fmmmmmmffmpm!!!
    (Well said!!&#33

Yogi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234