Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mobo...no Internet

Poster
    i just got a new mobo for my moms comp...a pc chips 811LU and after settign it up....i connected my mom's internet from a modem to the ethernet port but there is no internet. the disk taht it came w/ have 8 different driver for 8 dif. company...which one should i installed? i installed one of the driver and there is still no internet. what should i do...oh and the same prob w/ sounds. i cant get sound. there are also a bunch of diff. driver for the thing but i dunno which to install

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    install sp1 onto the computer BY downloading it YOUR computer, putting it onto a cd and then taking it to her house and installing; it fixes driver problems for a lot of different devices (mostly onboard on motherboards), or go to the website and download all of the drivers that you need for her and put those on the disk just incase the internet still doesnt work.

to see what drivers you need go into device manager (right click my computer>manage>device manager on the left side) and see what devices have a !, ? or have a STOP sign.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    this is really weird...when i plug the modem via usb cable, it worked perfectly, so y doesnt it work when i plugged it through lan...i got the driver installed...its the right one cuz i downloaded off of their website.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    come on guys...42 views and only one person reply?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    i quit....this forum suck lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Well try all 8 maybe...or get an Asus and have 1 set of drivers and EVERYTHING works...soo easy.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    What does it what it say in device manager for network adapter and sound controller?

Have you tried using the drivers from here http://www.pcchips.com.tw/driver/driver.asp?module_id=4

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    i got replies....w00t. in device manger...they appeared fine. i got the driver from the pcchips website. i dunno why it woulding work though.

btw,
    taking it to her house and installing
    i live in her house....im 15

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    It could be a problem with your mobo, i had the same problem a while back with the ethernet port. USB worked fine.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    hmm....well, i guess ill have to buy anotehr NC for it....hmmm maybe ill add it to my network w/ my sister and my com.

ty for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast