Thread: Lookng For A Script That Does The Same

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    When I first started using Mirc I came across Xdcc Bottler and catcher which were great to use until I found myself getting banned from a few servers
    Does anyone know of a script/addon I can use with Mirc that does the same thing without getting a ban?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by namzuf9@1 February 2004 - 07:12
    When I first started using Mirc I came across Xdcc Bottler and catcher which were great to use until I found myself getting banned from a few servers
    Does anyone know of a script/addon I can use with Mirc that does the same thing without getting a ban?
    there is no such beast. most channels hate such scripts with a passion, and for good reason, i wont go into that now but do some research and you will see. plus they all use generally the same techics for doing what they do.

so no, if a new one is created that isnt in the ban list, it will be in short order.

if you must use bottler or the like. find channels that dont mind it, but good luck on that one.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    u break rules and dont wanna be bannned ? lol

there is a script called xdcc clipper but that only helps u to see the packages typed in the room and allows u to grab them with a right click .. also includes a queue manager .. and u wont jump queues but that isnt the same as the script ur talking about.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mercy@4 February 2004 - 00:22
    u break rules and dont wanna be bannned ? lol

there is a script called xdcc clipper but that only helps u to see the packages typed in the room and allows u to grab them with a right click .. also includes a queue manager .. and u wont jump queues but that isnt the same as the script ur talking about.
    Thats the type of script I was after, something with a queue manager. Thanks man.

When I was using bottler (a few years ago) I was a proper n00b and a lot of the channels did'nt have warnings about using it like they do now so I never realised bottler was frowned upon.

Cheers

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    np my friend i use it myself .. but it doesnt contain any queue jump or anything just tells u whats ur queue # and how many time far till download and u can drop out with a right click
    good luck