Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swapgate Beta 1.6

FvKin GeniuS :D
    Just give it time we started working on it recently All great p2p programs have to start somewhere
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Originally posted by namzuf9@1 February 2004 - 16:53
    Was it 7th's intention for this to be a public beta yet?
    Should we feel free to download it and join up at the forums?
    I only ask cos it was'nt 7th who posted the link to it and I would'nt want to piss off people who have put work into this.
    I'm confuzzled
    Good question. I'm also awaiting the answer.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Curiosity got the better of me so I registered anyway
    Looks interesting, I'll have a look at it when I get the chance (and when someone confirms it is "public")

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Retired
    Originally posted by nostalgia@1 February 2004 - 19:48
    Was it 7th's intention for this to be a public beta yet?
    yes it's an official public release.

www.swapgate.com

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the confimation.
    I'll download it tonight and have a little play.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@1 February 2004 - 12:52
    The problem with making a full description is that we've no idea what answers you're looking for. The only thing I can say so far is that a huge chunk of development has been driven by the community - So far, the beta testers has had a big part in some of the features so expect words to be heard if you have any suggestions.
    A complete description that look like this one ,maybe ?

Ares is a nice p2p program for Windows. It has a very easy to use interface similar to Kazaa. There is many features to Ares that you will not find in any other p2p program out there. There is a nice Web Browser, Chat, Easy to use Search, Built in theater/Media player and A safe network to share your files on.
    Ares runs on its own Decentralized Network. It usually is averaging around 2,000,000 files or lower, depending on what supernode you connect to. There is Multi-Source downloading which makes downloads alot quicker. The network does not have many, if any fake files. The network is pretty clean right now and is very dependable.

Features:

-Advanced search for all types of media files (Audio, Video, Games, Software, Photos and more).
    -Very fast downloads from multiple users simultaneously.
    -Automatic resume feature that assures the completion of all your requested downloads.
    -A Media Player with play lists and full-screen mode.
    -Ability to preview Audio and Video files while their download is in progress.
    -Enhanced Library Manager ideally designed for organizing all your PCs media files.
    -Advanced media filter that prevents access to offensive files and viruses.
    -Ability to create your chat room and chat with your friends while downloading.
    -The most friendly and intuitive user interface.
    -Bandwidth and queue control.
    -Spyware Free.

im sure when all the bugs have been worked out and all the options finalized the developers will come up with a more detailed rundown of the program. any other info you want on the program is available at swapgate

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by ivy+2 February 2004 - 05:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ivy &#064; 2 February 2004 - 05:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@1 February 2004 - 12:52
    The problem with making a full description is that we&#39;ve no idea what answers you&#39;re looking for. The only thing I can say so far is that a huge chunk of development has been driven by the community - So far, the beta testers has had a big part in some of the features so expect words to be heard if you have any suggestions.
    A complete description that look like this one ,maybe ?

Ares is a nice p2p program for Windows. It has a very easy to use interface similar to Kazaa. There is many features to Ares that you will not find in any other p2p program out there. There is a nice Web Browser, Chat, Easy to use Search, Built in theater/Media player and A safe network to share your files on.
    Ares runs on its own Decentralized Network. It usually is averaging around 2,000,000 files or lower, depending on what supernode you connect to. There is Multi-Source downloading which makes downloads alot quicker. The network does not have many, if any fake files. The network is pretty clean right now and is very dependable.

Features:

-Advanced search for all types of media files (Audio, Video, Games, Software, Photos and more).
    -Very fast downloads from multiple users simultaneously.
    -Automatic resume feature that assures the completion of all your requested downloads.
    -A Media Player with play lists and full-screen mode.
    -Ability to preview Audio and Video files while their download is in progress.
    -Enhanced Library Manager ideally designed for organizing all your PCs media files.
    -Advanced media filter that prevents access to offensive files and viruses.
    -Ability to create your chat room and chat with your friends while downloading.
    -The most friendly and intuitive user interface.
    -Bandwidth and queue control.
    -Spyware Free.

im sure when all the bugs have been worked out and all the options finalized the developers will come up with a more detailed rundown of the program. any other info you want on the program is available at swapgate[/b][/quote]
    any other info you want on the program is available at swapgate

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    BANNED
    roflmao, people don&#39;t seem too friendly on there.

and where is the privacy patch?? i can&#39;t leave my files for riaa to view

or did i miss it??

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    internet.news
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@1 February 2004 - 14:31
    SwapGate offers artists a free file sharing tool to distribute their work among masses of users and gives music fans free access to a universe of downloadable songs. Our client allows you to connect through SlavaNap and OpenNap networks. Additionally, we are working on our own protocol, which will enable our members to share even more.

{I}{K}{E}
    IKE, as your client connects to Opennap, does some of you own a Slavanap
    Server, e.g. called Kl Board Server? I know -Huize- takes care of the Ballad
    Network, as I dedicated my server to this smart & nice network one time.

The only problem besides Opennap is the fact that all the servers on napigator are
    not linked together so that you have to be connected to all servers and some are
    full. The database of files would be more effective if Opennap would be ONE whole
    Network.

For my Win98. SwapGate does not seem to work. Filenavigator looks similar and is
    quite more stable. I will follow the future developement and if I can help you...

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Just want you to see the speeds that can be attained using SwapGate software&#33;&#33;

Not bad eh????

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast