Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swapgate Beta 1.6

Poster
    I can't connect.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    {I}{K}{E} why do you edited my post ????????????????

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Retired
    Originally posted by sharedholder@1 February 2004 - 14:30
    {I}{K}{E} why do you edited my post ????????????????
    because you should respect the request of the webmaster of swapgate.com

Please do not direct link our software as our referrer check will not forward your request. If you want to link our software please link to our main page instead

I only edit 'my' mirror, the other will be auto blocked within some time..

I think you understand this because you would not like it if I used your bandwith without asking....

{I}{K}{E}

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    The web gonna be full with Swapgate mirrors soon with or without your permision and you guys know this thing .Btw i see that a real description of the program its still missing in this thread.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by stupidguy@1 February 2004 - 13:24
    I can't connect.
    Works now. I don't have much to share at the minute but anything I download from now on I'll share it on here.

[EDIT]It seems lots of channels are already blocking SwapGate[/EDIT]

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    It's because swapgate is not added to the server configs yet.

The next server release allows swapgate connections by default

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    So anybody care to share some first-hand experience?
    It's only been asked thrice...
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    SwapGate is a completely new client which can originally connect to OpenNap & SlavaNap servers. As such, currently the client is geared towards using their features - These include the (P2P-obligatory) searching for files, chat rooms on servers, server admin, etc. Chat scripts can also be used. The next step as SG develops is to create our own network, but it's stupid to do it right now while user numbers are low

Practically all file types that exist can be shared - Though there could be exceptions (I'd love to see how a htaccess file can be shared ). Because of this, anti-virus protection is recommended.

The problem with making a full description is that we've no idea what answers you're looking for. The only thing I can say so far is that a huge chunk of development has been driven by the community - So far, the beta testers has had a big part in some of the features so expect words to be heard if you have any suggestions.

On a simplistic scale, this is effectively your client

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    The problem with making a full description is that we've no idea what answers you're looking for. The only thing I can say so far is that a huge chunk of development has been driven by the community - So far, the beta testers has had a big part in some of the features so expect words to be heard if you have any suggestions.
    A complete description that look like this one ,maybe ?

Ares is a nice p2p program for Windows. It has a very easy to use interface similar to Kazaa. There is many features to Ares that you will not find in any other p2p program out there. There is a nice Web Browser, Chat, Easy to use Search, Built in theater/Media player and A safe network to share your files on.
    Ares runs on its own Decentralized Network. It usually is averaging around 2,000,000 files or lower, depending on what supernode you connect to. There is Multi-Source downloading which makes downloads alot quicker. The network does not have many, if any fake files. The network is pretty clean right now and is very dependable.

Features:

-Advanced search for all types of media files (Audio, Video, Games, Software, Photos and more).
    -Very fast downloads from multiple users simultaneously.
    -Automatic resume feature that assures the completion of all your requested downloads.
    -A Media Player with play lists and full-screen mode.
    -Ability to preview Audio and Video files while their download is in progress.
    -Enhanced Library Manager ideally designed for organizing all your PCs media files.
    -Advanced media filter that prevents access to offensive files and viruses.
    -Ability to create your chat room and chat with your friends while downloading.
    -The most friendly and intuitive user interface.
    -Bandwidth and queue control.
    -Spyware Free.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Was it 7th's intention for this to be a public beta yet?
    Should we feel free to download it and join up at the forums?
    I only ask cos it was'nt 7th who posted the link to it and I would'nt want to piss off people who have put work into this.
    I'm confuzzled

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast