Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Swapgate Beta 1.6

I am a beta tester of Swapgate, and I agree with Musleman's privacy concerns - I think that people should be given the choice to stop the browsing of their shared folder if they want. If 7thElement isn't willing to do it, then I bet that sometime in the future, when Swapgate becomes more popular, someone else might try to write an external privacy patch. Remember before K-Lite had a built-in privacy option, there was an external privacy patch.

The main problem with Swapgate at the moment though is the length of the queues. Even when trying to download off someone with a green icon (T1 or T3 connection), it takes a very long time to begin. And I wouldn't say the song is that rare. But when there is multisource downloading introduced, this situation will improve.

So I admit, at the moment I do still prefer K-Lite and Soulseek, but it will improve so I'll hang on.

2. File Sharing   -   #62
    Poster
    The "privacy patch request" is something which isn't doable via client side because users browse your shared file list on the server.

Concept:

User uploads his file list to the server > Server forwards results of searches and browsing requests back to the client.

Blocking browsing = blocking the file list which means no file list = no downloads.

At least with this protocol

Anyway... I think it is a false sense of security cause any list of songs (uploaded to a website etc) is not enough to sue a user. First RIAA / BayTSP has to download songs before they could sue anybody. If people are scared about getting sued I would suggest to stop sharing cause filesharing doesn't work if people don't share.

The risk is everywhere it doesnt matter if people can see your list or not because only logged downloads count, and the BayTSP bots just try to download from any user - they don't check lists

3. File Sharing   -   #63
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Downloading whole Albums.Not going to say what Program has this because do not what to start no Forum Battle.But it would be nice and one of the main Reasons alot of us hang out where we do.

4. File Sharing   -   #64
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    -Huize- , your opinion about this ?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=855005

Silence is golden?

5. File Sharing   -   #65
    Originally posted by nigel123@6 February 2004 - 16:21

Silence is golden?
    Well, i don't know who is more silent, me or you Swapgate users ?

6. File Sharing   -   #66
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by sharedholder+6 February 2004 - 20:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder &#064; 6 February 2004 - 20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@6 February 2004 - 16:21

Silence is golden?
    Well, i don&#39;t know who is more silent, me or you Swapgate users ? [/b][/quote]
    We have been politely awaiting your reply to -Huize- last post

Edit: and patiently...

7. File Sharing   -   #67
    Originally posted by stupidguy@1 February 2004 - 14:39
    It seems lots of channels are already blocking SwapGate
    Its not that there necisarly blocking swapgate its that the slavanap server dosnt have swapgate as a known client yet and some servers block unknown clients.. i assume Mr_Fred will add swapgate in his next release of slavanap.

8. File Sharing   -   #68
    Poster
    Metallica concert, first row, i'm the one in the Napster shirt!
    By default all "unkown"clients are blocked, same with random names. In the next build it will be added to the allowed list.

9. File Sharing   -   #69
    internet.news
    Originally posted by sharedholder@1 February 2004 - 15:39
    The web gonna be full with Swapgate mirrors soon with or without your permision and you guys know this thing .Btw i see that a real description of the program its still missing in this thread.
    Live with it or not: if you once start sharing or even before - you cannot stop it.

10. File Sharing   -   #70
    WolverineDK's Avatar Poster
    i would rather use winmx because that is opennap and there are lots of tools to it(and it can connect to slavanap network through a tool)

so swapgate ? no sorry i thought it was something else so i am dissapointed

i still prefer the fastrack network and Direct Connect

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast