Thread: Cheap Peltiers Or Decent Air-coolers

atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    u read the topic

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by atiVidia@1 February 2004 - 00:58
    u read the topic
    OK, mission accomplished. Thx.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Well umm, are you going to go for a watercooling setup or air cooling?

Because if you are going to be looking for cheap peltiers, than you should already have a watercooling rig, beacuse you cant run a pelt without watercooling already.

With that in mind, if you already have watercooling, than I dont see why you will be looking for air cooling solutions.

Anyway, with all that in mind, I can only give you tips on air cooling seeing as how I know it. My Volcano 11+ is very nice, not to big either, though you might want to go for the Volcano 12, or the Silent boost, but their a hand full of dollars more.

Usually the only kind of coolers that out perform the upper end Thermaltakes like mine are the Thermalright's 800's 900's 947 etc's but they are more expensive, and rather big.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@31 January 2004 - 20:41
    Well umm, are you going to go for a watercooling setup or air cooling?

Because if you are going to be looking for cheap peltiers, than you should already have a watercooling rig, beacuse you cant run a pelt without watercooling already.

With that in mind, if you already have watercooling, than I dont see why you will be looking for air cooling solutions.

Anyway, with all that in mind, I can only give you tips on air cooling seeing as how I know it. My Volcano 11+ is very nice, not to big either, though you might want to go for the Volcano 12, or the Silent boost, but their a hand full of dollars more.

Usually the only kind of coolers that out perform the upper end Thermaltakes like mine are the Thermalright's 800's 900's 947 etc's but they are more expensive, and rather big.
    im building an sff for a friend, and watercooling wont fit in those () so he needs an air-cooled peltier (or the block + a decent fan) or a decent but not-so-big air cooler

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you can have peltiers with aircooling cooling them right? i thought someone had a theread a while ago with a link to a thermaltake one, it was a small peltier thing with its own power supply that goes into a pci slot and their was a heat sync for it too. looked pretty cool but not sure about quality.

oh and what is an sff ??

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@1 February 2004 - 00:48
    you can have peltiers with aircooling cooling them right? i thought someone had a theread a while ago with a link to a thermaltake one, it was a small peltier thing with its own power supply that goes into a pci slot and their was a heat sync for it too. looked pretty cool but not sure about quality.

oh and what is an sff ??
    the subzero 4g is what ur referring to

however, while the peltier itself is small, it has a *separate* required power connection, and takes up a pci slot to manage the peltiers!

an sff system cant afford that. thanx anyway
    @ ROSSCO, an sff is a Small Form Factor pc. a "minipc" which use mobos that have only 1 agp and 1 pci (or just 1 pci only). mini-itx shows off some crazy ppls miniPCs, while companies such as Cubit and IWill, along with Chyangfun, make more advanced SFFs.

the SFF im building uses a monarch SFF case which allows for 3 PCI slots and an AGP slot.

thanks to all who helped.

btw, u like my new sig?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by atiVidia@1 February 2004 - 04:55
    btw, u like my new sig?
    looks nice, but it's too big

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=22529
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    lol sig is really cool. how did you make it?

and ive neer heard of the small form factor. does it use regular atx power supplies? might look into this soon. and that motherboard you said you were getting, the monarch sff, sound kinda like my motherboard (micro atx, has one agp and 2 pci and a cnr slot, stupid cnr slot, shoulda been another pci)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@1 February 2004 - 01:00
    lol sig is really cool. how did you make it?

and ive neer heard of the small form factor. does it use regular atx power supplies? might look into this soon. and that motherboard you said you were getting, the monarch sff, sound kinda like my motherboard (micro atx, has one agp and 2 pci and a cnr slot, stupid cnr slot, shoulda been another pci)
    i made the sig in fotoshop

monarchcomputer.com

@4thgen: its 30 pixels larger than the max. whats that gonna do?

ill worry when aome1 kills the sig

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Ehh, you wanna use pelts with air cooling, then be my guest. But you need GOOD air cooling methods.

Anyway, most pelts need their own powersupply, because they draw so much power. If you want a good pelt, that means higher Wattage for the lower temps on the cold side, which means more power, which means its own power supply.

Heh, a 12V Pelt just wouldnt make much sense, ya know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast