Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Country Discrimination

Poster
    Lol, Ireland for the Irish.
    More like, Ireland for whoevers left after they finish blowin the crap outa each other again after UK decides they cant b arsed with their crap anymore.

Scots are British, if it wasnt for us joining there wouldnt be a Britain.
    Scots are just patriotic, we like having our own stuff, we do practically everythin different up here compared to down south anyway.
    As for flyin the St Georges cross, thets just you lot bein weird.
    We have a Scottish identity, Englands went a bit...dunno, go beat up the skinhead nazis tho, probly their fault.

If someone from south of the Border does well, he's an "Englishman", if he does poorly hes "British"...anyone else noticed this?
    Same as, if a scot does well there British, but if there crap there scottish.

A hella lot of the blame goes straight to the English media, i mean watch the footie during any competition and see how long, in any match England arent playing in, for the commentators to start going on about how England can still do it, even if they just got humped and are about to go out.
    Think i remember they did it during a Scotland match once, totally ignored the match at hand and went on about England. Hmmm an yeez wonder why we get annoyed.
    Lets get some scots commentators on durin an England game so they can ignore England and talk about Scotland, see where i'm coming from.

And on the tuition fees (being a scots student myself)

Not really sure how it works but i dont really care cos im not paying lol.

I did hear that theyr gonna do the top-up fees down there and because it wont cover the costs still, it would be easier to justify taking more money out of the treasury, which means as money is being allocated from the BRITISH treasury, Scotland gets a big chunk of it

Scotland gets more money, but we dont pay for it.
    Do you honestly beleive we're daft enough to turn that down lol
    Oh well, payback for all the oil you lot got

Oh and iv been to Canada and the US, Canada's a lot nicer.
    Had to stop maself laffin ma head off after they all talked like terence and philip off of south park tho.

Most Scots know that most of the North of England would much rather follow Edinburgh than London politically...we have much more in common with them than the Home Counties, inc our general outlook on life...
    Dont know about that, im Glaswegian and even we dont want to follow Edinburgh

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@4 February 2004 - 02:54
    yes, I am American
    some Americans to actuallly hate Canadians

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Damn i wrote a lot,

is that as in

"how long huv a got tae wait aboot tae a get a drink in this place"

What about other countries like...erm...OZ

nah just Canada it is

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Poster
    Originally posted by bo_selecta@4 February 2004 - 02:58
    Damn i wrote a lot,

is that as in

"how long huv a got tae wait aboot tae a get a drink in this place"

What about other countries like...erm...OZ

nah just Canada it is
    you are right,to tell you the truth i didnt read that long ass post but i scanned throught it a little.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Start goin on a bit wen am tired, or talkin bout dem dam english grrr lol

Anyway bedtime, but

Scotland great

Canada alright

England and US weird lookin from a scot (too many sober ppl )

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    The people say "aboot" instead of "about".
    they do?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Lounge   -   #47
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Actually I've been told I say "aboat" instead of "aboot" or even "about". Well Jonno thinks so anyway, judge for yourself. (Yes, this was debated before.)

Truly, I've never had a problem with my American neighbours, nor have I ever noticed them to have issue with me. I visit the US quite frequently, at least a dozen or so times a year, and everyone is quite friendly with me even after they discover my country of origin. Sometimes even more so. And conversely, when I meet someone from the States here, I greet them with as much enthusiasm as I would one of my own countrymen.

Point being, as hobbes said, I don't think we really sit here pondering our opinions of Americans on a daily basis, or worry what Americans are thinking of us.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Poster
    Originally posted by NikkiD@4 February 2004 - 04:24
    Actually I've been told I say "aboat" instead of "aboot" or even "about". Well Jonno thinks so anyway, judge for yourself. (Yes, this was debated before.)
    After listening to this clip, I'm beginning to question your sanity...

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    LMAO - that was after days of being teased by Jonno that I say aboat, and having him repeated spell the word that way in his posts. Just simple frustration.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Gee NikkiD you kinda sound like the news woman on my local station
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345