Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ie Question

Originally posted by haxor41789+2 February 2004 - 05:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 @ 2 February 2004 - 05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Java Boy@2 February 2004 - 02:08
    Cause Internet Explorer is gay
    Don&#39;t use IE then. [/b][/quote]
    I dont use that poofter browser....So check ya facts out before opening ya big mouth and putting ya foot in it...noob

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by DWk+2 February 2004 - 03:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 2 February 2004 - 03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Java Boy@1 February 2004 - 18:08
    Cause Internet Explorer is gay and only lets you download 2 files at once by default....Thats ok if your on dial-up, but for big cable connections,T1,T3 etc, its&nbsp; a bit of a bitch
    That is correct, although I use a download manager for those matters, not to mention it&#39;s faster [/b][/quote]
    Download Mangaers will be obsolete shortly...theres too many sites that block download managers already(reason y i uninstalled mine) and those that havent will probably in the near future

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    The default HTTP sessions is 4, at least in XP, and some downloads require more than one connection, so increasing it actually helps with speed in some cases. Also, if you open more than one web page at one time, for example in tabbed browsers, then incresing the maximum is a good idea. Another thing, if you don&#39;t increase it, then pop-ups or just ads in general can be a kick in the ass, as many work on many different servers.

Check this out TCP Optimizer
    A free optimizing program that makes the neccesary registry entries for you.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I have that program on my computer somewhere..its not gonna make a noticeable difference increasing your speed.The only speed hack is to get a T3 line...lol
    And yes the default http connections is 4 but i only lets you download 2 files at a time and like you said it sometimes takes more than one connection

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by haxor41789+1 February 2004 - 23:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 @ 1 February 2004 - 23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Java Boy@2 February 2004 - 02:08
    Cause Internet Explorer is gay
    Don&#39;t use IE then. [/b][/quote]
    I concur

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    T3, definately. lol.

Well, I think it depends on the system because I did notice a difference. Well, I choose the extreme option. Don&#39;t know if that makes too much of a difference. But, hey, at least you don&#39;t have to edit the registry by hand, for those who are afraid to.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    cselik's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by javaboy@2 February 2004 - 03:25

Download Mangaers will be obsolete shortly...theres too many sites that block download managers already(reason y i uninstalled mine) and those that havent will probably in the near future
    not if u set the user_arent string to the one that ie has.
    if your dl manager doesnt support that directly you can still change it with other sw

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    h1
    @Java Boy:
    My bad, I thought you were the guy that started this thread.

And sites don&#39;t block download accelerators, they just block multiple connections. Even if you&#39;re using, say IE, you could only download as many files at once as the admin let you.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    my bad too...mouthing of a bit too much there...
    good explanation about multiple connections&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BANNED
    Originally posted by cselik+2 February 2004 - 03:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cselik @ 2 February 2004 - 03:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-javaboy@2 February 2004 - 03:25

not if u set the user_arent string to the one that ie has.
    if your dl manager doesnt support that directly you can still change it with other sw [/b][/quote]
    Sorry - can you explain this a little more? I&#39;m intrigued

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast