Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ie Question

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    ---
    Download Mangaers will be obsolete shortly...theres too many sites that block download managers already(reason y i uninstalled mine) and those that havent will probably in the near future
    Its all rubbish!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    I wouldnt worry about it...
    It depends on what the sites admin lets you have (how many connections your allowed at once)
    It doesnt matter what settings you change in your browser or download managers settings ...it all comes down to the website policy/admin

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Do you mind elaborating on that Java Boy. Im sure inquiring minds would love to hear your theory.

and thats strange because to tell you the truth websites really have no other way of identifying you or your browser unless they use one of two things.

Your user agent string as cselik stipulated above and cookies which tend to expire after a session or two.

So im just curious what this website policy/admin thing is you speak of and how it can be setup to deny access to files from download managers despite using the method that cselik posted, which by the way would allow you to bypass such restrictions.

Btw, I was not referring to the ip address issues and concurrent connections and what not. Thats another topic.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Doesn't Kazaa Lite also use IE for it't built in browser? This has always troubled me cos' I don't trust IE $#@%^&%$#@

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    @Shn
    Im just installing a download manager now to go try it out on sites now that dont allow mulitiple connections etc
    And then Ill be back to post my theory...lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    h1
    @lotus7:
    Yes.

@Java Boy:
    Try the textfiles.com archive -- they have a link to a tarball at the bottom of every category.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123