Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! Downloaded "quicktime 7.2 (new).exe

folks...being the dummy i am...i just downloaded
    quicktime 7.2 (new).exe
    which i understand happens to b a virus...
    does anybody know what im talking about?
    any suggestions..

thanx

Bjorn

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    well the obvious thing would be to swing your antivirus into action, how come it didn't catch it while you were downloading, or would that be because.....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thanks alot...yo is this site in another language???

NOTE: %System% is a variable. The worm locates the System folder and copies the files to that location. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).

yo im going dizzy....

ill try my best

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    FST Retiree
    always check the manufacturers website before downloading software. if you would have taken a couple minutes to swing by the QuickTime website, you would have noticed that the software is only up to v6.5.0. this could have been your first warning that it wasnt worth downloading.

EDIT: oh yeah......where was your antivirus while you were downloading this?

B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    u sound like my mother.....i dont have an anti virus...but anyways...u think i could get a real norton program off kazaa....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by dg_mortal@2 February 2004 - 01:10

B)
    Asleep on the job me thinks...lol

EDIT..Can you tell us for the record what wonderful filesharing program you were using when this happened please?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by dg_mortal@1 February 2004 - 19:10
    always check the manufacturers website before downloading software.  if you would have taken a couple minutes to swing by the QuickTime website, you would have noticed that the software is only up to v6.5.0.  this could have been your first warning that it wasnt worth downloading.

B)
    Lol....................7.2

I assume they dont have realtime system protection enabled. Most av suites do but have it off by default because it has to constantly be alert in the background and that can use up resources but I have never really noticed any performance issues whatsoever by having realtime protection enabled. B)

*edit* What no av?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by bc_bjorkman@1 February 2004 - 18:19
    u sound like my mother.....i dont have an anti virus...but anyways...u think i could get a real norton program off kazaa....
    you could get norton off of kazaa, but i would suggest emule or bittorrent to get it instead .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by bc_bjorkman@2 February 2004 - 00:19
    if you want to use kazaa here is a verified hash
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...32&hl=antivirus

there are other versions available if you care to browse the software verified section

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast