Thread: Where Can I Download Ebooks?

I know some boards don't allow links, but if at least one of you could PM or email me on good source(s) to download eBooks, whether it be Bit Torrent, FTP, web page, etc. Thanks . I'm especially looking for Brave New World, Things Fall Apart, and The Picture of Dorian Gray.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    type phoenix-torrents into yahoo. go to that forum. you'll find what you want.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by jasonmog@2 February 2004 - 01:09
    I'm especially looking for Brave New World, Things Fall Apart, and The Picture of Dorian Gray.
    If you're looking for classics, Project Gutenberg is good, lots of books and all of them legit...

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    the best place i have found is using IRC. in perticular the #bookz channel on irc.undernet.org

i searched for those you mentioned and got many results. ( and downloaded The Picture of Dorian Gray, it looks good)

or from newsgroups ie. alt.binaries.e-books

here is some info that may help

the official alt.binaries.e-book FAQ

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Hi!!

Another fabulous place is this site: www.virtual-library.tk

It has almost all the novels you could ever read from The Lord of the Rings to Tom Clancy novels.

Check it out.

Whatchamacallit?!!

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Whatchamacallit@10 February 2004 - 02:47
    That's just the ebooks_forum at Yahoo right? I only point it out b/c Yahoo can sometimes be a pain when trying to enter from a second party. Sometimes it's easier to go in the front door.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by guit_steel+11 February 2004 - 12:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guit_steel &#064; 11 February 2004 - 12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Whatchamacallit@10 February 2004 - 02:47
    That&#39;s just the ebooks_forum at Yahoo right? I only point it out b/c Yahoo can sometimes be a pain when trying to enter from a second party. Sometimes it&#39;s easier to go in the front door. [/b][/quote]
    <my 2 cents>
    indeed it is, and it is a PITA sometimes, i whole heartedly suggest learning the in&#39;s and out&#39;s of a good newsreader program (Agent is still the best IMO) but you could get by with mozilla thunderbird for a while, just DONT use Outlook Express or Outlook please, they werent designed for it and can get you in some uncomfortable situations if not configured just right.

</my 2 cents>