Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please

hey, i just built a computer and everything was working fine it turned on and everything and then when i tried to install windows xp pro, it installed but then when it asks to restart the comp, the process started again, and installed windows xp again, and if i take out the cd the comp wont go through and if i put the cd the installing starts again?

any help please i dont know what to do

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    First question. Is the windows program that you are trying to install something that was downloaded?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    no, it was an original copyh

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I would go into bios and change the boot order to the hard drive first. If that doesn't yeld any results I would go back in and change the boot order back to cd drive first. Then, the only thing I can think of doing is going in and maually removing any existing partitions and trying to install.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i went to bios and the hard drive wont show up on the boot section only floppy and cd drive

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It won't allow you to boot from the primary ide device?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    When booting the CD it says to press any key to run the CD.

You only do this once the first time. After that you don't press anything and you let Windows continue with the installation.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@1 February 2004 - 17:38
    When booting the CD it says to press any key to run the CD.

You only do this once the first time. After that you don't press anything and you let Windows continue with the installation.
    Of course.

After Windows completes the formatting, disk checking, and loading installation files, it will reboot the computer. At that point you need to go into BIOS and instruct your system to boot from the hard drive. But you leave the operating system disk inside of the CD drive throughout the installation.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by adamp2p@1 February 2004 - 17:45

But you leave the operating system disk inside of the CD drive throughout the installation.
    I disagree.

After formatting and loading the installation files it will say that it's going to restart your system.
    It says to remove any floppy discs at this time.
    If you don't remove the CD, when the machine restarts it will just go back to the beginning and start anew.
    When it says remove the floppy disc, pull the CD out. When the PC reboots it will ask for the Windows CD and you're good to go.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by clocker+1 February 2004 - 17:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 1 February 2004 - 17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@1 February 2004 - 17:45

&nbsp; But you leave the operating system disk inside of the CD drive throughout the installation.
    I disagree.

After formatting and loading the installation files it will say that it&#39;s going to restart your system.
    It says to remove any floppy discs at this time.
    If you don&#39;t remove the CD, when the machine restarts it will just go back to the beginning and start anew.
    When it says remove the floppy disc, pull the CD out. When the PC reboots it will ask for the Windows CD and you&#39;re good to go. [/b][/quote]
    No, no, no.

After system loads the operation system files and reboots, as it reboots you go into BIOS and instruct the system to boot from the harddrive only.

Then the system will not boot from the disk again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast