Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Backup/recovery Software

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Well... last night my brother downloaded and opened something that sent my computer down to hell. I couldn't open anything, I would get an error for EVERYTHING I tried to open. I tried Win2000 repair, and I tried re-installing Windows. In the end, nothing worked. I was pissed, I formatted my entire HD and did a clean install of Win2000. And I lost 50% of my stuff because of my damn brother.

Well here is what I'm looking for... a program that will make an image of my entire computer... so I can put that image on a bunch of CD-Rs. And in case something like that happens again, I can restore my entire computer to its working state.

I need one that can restore my computer without Windows. Lets say my computer dies and I can't even boot up Windows. So I could pop in the CD, restart my computer, boot from the CD and restore my computer from there. I know Norton Ghost can do this, but I havn't had much luck with it in the past.

Any good programs that can do all this? :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    I've heard Norton Ghost is very good for this matter.

Before you start doing anything else, I might recommend to you Easy Recovery Pro 6.03 and try to salvage some of the stuff that you had before you formatted. It works most of the time. Has saved me lots of times (and I'm talking 20 gigs+).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Can I recover my data even after formatting and performing a clean install of Windows?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@1 February 2004 - 21:31
    Can I recover my data even after formatting and performing a clean install of Windows?
    At least some B)

That's why I'm telling you this - so you can "salvage" some of your stuff

Don't get high hopes, but you may recover something

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I tried Easy Recovery Pro and some other data recovery software, I got nothing back.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@2 February 2004 - 03:49
    I tried Easy Recovery Pro and some other data recovery software, I got nothing back.
    Have you tried EnCase? (get it from eMule)
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I just tried EnCase... no luck...

Ahhh forget it, my files are gone...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    h1
    Agreed. EnCase is the shizz. KrackHead, you should reinstall Windows and salvage what you can. Try to limit your computer use though.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I downloaded a demo of EnCase just to see what it was like. I tried to "preview" the stuff on my C: drive. I highlighted my C: drive, and clicked next, then nothing happened. I kept clicking next, nothing would happen.

How big is the full version of EnCase? I'm on 56K, eMule is torture for me.

@haxor41789
    If I was the only person using my computer, nothing like this would happen. It was my idiot brother that screwed everything up.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@2 February 2004 - 04:27
    How big is the full version of EnCase? I'm on 56K, eMule is torture for me.
    I don&#39;t have it installed at the moment, I have it on a disc somewhere, but from what I remember it was <3MB
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast