Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Problem With 2 Specific D/l's..

Hey,

I've been going on a download binge lately, before I have to move back to crappy WI with no good internet (blah), and everything has been going just peachy, until I started downloading the games, Call of Duty, and Spellforce. It's like they will not download no matter what. I've downloaded 100+ ISO's and many large files before with no problem, many with far less sources. I'm a fairly experianced Kazaa Lite user and have tried almost all the tips and tricks I know and just about all on this fourm. I've tried many things just as tests too.. for example. I tried to d/l EVERY single search resualt that pops up (I know some are incomplete obviously) and all of them immediatly change to more sources needed. Seemed very strange to me.. I've jumped nodes, tried manual search more (the right way) tried letting search more sit to 350+ sources then d/l, tried downloading after 20 sources then manual and automatic, again, jumping nodes intermittently ect... (you get the pic) and no matter what it always pops right back to more sources needed. I've been messing with Call of Duty for about 3 hours tonite trying just to actually get it to start.. and obviously (going on 4:30 AM here) no luck. I can't understand I know there are sources at 350+ and theres no way NONE of them are working. I've NEVER had any problem like this before. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Steven
    Time never lightend this burden I bear,
    You failed to see me, with empty stares,
    A book being written, still truth untold,
    Buried in lies, but now, unfolds

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps, if you have a router get kanat

I'LL TRY and see what results i get also but my bet is that there are no sources for it

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thank you for replying MuscleMan...

I've tried everything you've listed there, and I know that the search result window may be decieving. I just found it strange that 350+ sources may be listed and none work. I've never come accross that problem before. I am behind a Router and do not have KaNat yet and am downloading it as we speak. I would be intrested to see what you come up with in your search results as well. Thank you for taking the time to help me. Thanks again and I'm looking forwards to your results.

Steven

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Have you tried these https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=79649
    I downed them a while back now with no problem but as said there might be no one sharing now,have a look at supanova(BT) I think they are still on there.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by WhiteAngel@2 February 2004 - 19:08
    Thank you for replying MuscleMan...

I've tried everything you've listed there, and I know that the search result window may be decieving. I just found it strange that 350+ sources may be listed and none work. I've never come accross that problem before. I am behind a Router and do not have KaNat yet and am downloading it as we speak. I would be intrested to see what you come up with in your search results as well. Thank you for taking the time to help me. Thanks again and I'm looking forwards to your results.

Steven
    first off you NEED KANAT you are missing out on a lot of sources , let me put it this way:

if there are a 1000 sources for a file you might only be able to connect to 10 of them.

get kanat, with out it you can't download from other people behind routers and you are missing out on a lot of connectable sources and that means speed.

get kanat you need it

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    CWCTV: Thank you I'll try those out.. Looking like its gonna be the same deal tho

MuscleMan: I have KaNat now (using KLR now) seemed to help a little still no luck with these two files. I'm still trying, you have any luck finding anything?

Also, since there seem to be some helpful people on this fourm, contrary to other forums I've been to, as might as well throw this out too. In a way it regards .BIN files. When you download them must you burn them to a CD? In the past I have extracted them to the HD and just installed from from there, but after downloading 2 newer games Splinter Cell (3 BIN files) and BF1942 (2 BIN files), I have had errors trying to this something with a "broken" cab file. Same issue with both games. They are verified downloads from the release group FLT (which I think has quite a bit to be desiered), and I was wondering if it's their shitty releases, or an "Operator Error" on my part by not burning them. It seems to me to be a common trend with their releases (eg. HALO) and was wondering if anyone knows anyhting about this. Thanks again for everyones help.

Steven

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    boss the easiest way for iso and bin is daemon tools, its a virtual drive that you can add the file to and it will install it for you.

it takes 2 seconds to install and load

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thank you very much, that idea hadn't crossed my mind. I've messed with some virtual drive thing before and all it did was cause problems, but I've heard of this one before and heard it was good. Again, I totally didn't think of it. Thanks a lot man. I'll give it a shot. As for the files posted earlier finally, a ray of hope! Both have at least started now, Thanks very much for those links.

Well for now problems seemed to be solved. Thanks for your guy's help. I'm sure I'll be back again.

Gratefully,
    Steven

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by WhiteAngel@2 February 2004 - 22:18
    MuscleMan: I have KaNat now (using KLR now) seemed to help a little still no luck with these two files.
    Along with KaNAT, you have to do full ip port-forwarding (both TCP+UDP) of the ip port that KL++ uses from your router to your computer. KaNAT alone won't help.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Old Fella
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@3 February 2004 - 12:06
    first off you NEED KANAT you are missing out on a lot of sources , let me put it this way:

if there are a 1000 sources for a file you might only be able to connect to 10 of them.

get kanat, with out it you can't download from other people behind routers and you are missing out on a lot of connectable sources and that means speed.

get kanat you need it
    Mus, are you saying that even if you are not yourself behind a router then you should get Kanat as it will help connect to other users that are? If so, where do I get Kanat from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast