Thread: Blocking Or Banning

I often see messages saying I will ban you, on D/L's. Can these people permanently block you, or do they have to do it each time when they see you U/L

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    i belive its when they see you upload

but if they know what they are doing they can get your ip and block your ip for good with their firewall.

now why are you getting these messages??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Because of the activities RIAA I dont think its a good idea to have too many files in your shared folder. I usually limit to about 10 video and 30 audio. The rest are elsewhere but are changed every so often. Some users demand 20 video before they U/L to you. If every one did this no new members would ever get anything as we all start with only one item in the shared folder.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    baccyman's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    there is a option that says dont show my shared folder with k++ so that the riaa and others cant see what you have on your computer. so these people that are blocking or banning people dont know if people are sharing or not or how much . so you could be trying to block somebody that is sharing a lot of files . who knows

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by miklaw@2 February 2004 - 10:27
    Because of the activities RIAA I dont think its a good idea to have too many files in your shared folder. I usually limit to about 10 video and 30 audio. The rest are elsewhere but are changed every so often. Some users demand 20 video before they U/L to you. If every one did this no new members would ever get anything as we all start with only one item in the shared folder.
    leech, wtf is the matter with you???

@baccy_man i see you are one of the smart ones good job

@miklaw :

privacy patch options>klite options>K++ options>here check the box that says "users can't get a list of all shared files" Privacy path

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+2 February 2004 - 19:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 2 February 2004 - 19:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-miklaw@2 February 2004 - 10:27
    @miklaw :

privacy patch options>klite options>K++ options>here check the box that says "users can&#39;t get a list of all shared files" Privacy path [/b][/quote]
    Even if there were no RIAA/MPAA/BSA scanner bots on file-sharing networks, sharing TOO many files doesn&#39;t help the network.

You can&#39;t upload any faster than all the time, so having lots of files shared beyond what&#39;s neccessary to keep your uploads busy is just causing lots of search results that can never be filled.