Thread: Burning Dvd,s From Avi Files

Can someone explain please how to use nero 6.0 to burn dvd's. Do I need to convert avi files to mpeg 2 and load converted files into nero and burn dvd, if so can you suggest the best software to do this, preferably free. :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Either way, it'll be encoded to MPEG-2, whether through Nero or something else.

tmpgenc is the easiest, and it's free.
    You just select what kind of video you want to burn, whether it be VCD or DVD, ect (with a few more variables), and it will do it for you. The rest should be easy in Nero. Go to burn a DVD and the rest is history....

I believe Nero has its own encoder, but I always use tmpgenc

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks Zero Grid judging by the response to this post it looks as if we are in a minority on this unless its a well kept secret

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kb123@2 February 2004 - 10:21
    Can someone explain please how to use nero 6.0 to burn dvd&#39;s. Do I need to convert avi files to mpeg 2 and load converted files into nero and burn dvd, if so can you suggest the best software to do this, preferably free. :helpsmile:
    yes that is what you need to do boss tmpgenc is one of the best ones

no secret you go here for more info and tuturial