Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mydoom Author:

The Mydoom variant that joined the original virus in raising havoc on the Internet this week contains a cryptic message in which the author appears to apologize for the malicious code, security experts said Friday. The creator of what anti-virus experts say is the fastest spreading virus ever on the Internet signed Mydoom and Mydoom.B with "andy," and left the following message in the latter version: "I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry."

"Our interpretation is that he's apologizing to the general public," Jimmy Kuo, research fellow for anti-virus software maker Network Associates Technology Inc., said. "Our guess is that someone is paying him to write this thing."

Both Mydoom versions install a "backdoor" in infected PCs, enabling hackers to commandeer the machines to send spam, launch denial of service attacks or perform other nefarious acts.

For full story -->
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Lounge   -   #2
    BANNED
    werid

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by Askjeevesbot@1 February 2004 - 18:59
    werid
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=97698
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Lounge   -   #4
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    man, the sore ass that made this virus should be locked up for life... hes costing millions of people totals of millions, and maybe even billions of dollars of damage.

so, heres my message to all virus, worms and trojan horse creators:

GET A GODDAMN F****ING LIFE YOU SORE ***-HOLES&#33;&#33;&#33;

and i mean every one of those words.

tralalala

5. Lounge   -   #5
    muchspl2

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    i&#39;d like to buy this guy a drink even though he killed 3 of the pcs in my house and sent 200 emails a day, it was bloody good virus
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Originally posted by t3h1337n355@2 February 2004 - 19:22
    i&#39;d like to buy this guy a drink even though he killed 3 of the pcs in my house and sent 200 emails a day, it was bloody good virus
    so your saying "oh... lets have a virus competition... the virus that destroys the PC in less than 30 secs, will be crowned best virus ever"

i mean come on... the guy is a peice of shit with no life, so he goes out trying to piss people off for a living (if you can call it a living...)

tralalala

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    pretty impressive how quick it got so many though
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Lets not talk about if viruses are good or bad. Ofcourse they are always bad but the programmer&#39;s (author of the virus) work is commendable too. Not ofcourse the end result but the ways he thought about doing it.
    This virus was aimed at SCO group which has a bad name in the linux community for a long time. Search on google to read more about how IBM and linux users hated it. I am not saying it is justified but something like this can be predicted after what they did. Some guy aimed for microsoft now for obvious reasons. Then again it is wrong but work is commendable.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Anyone who writes a virus which gets sent around the world, no matter what their intention, should be stripped, cut and salted IMHO
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast