Thread: Can You Access News Groups If Your Isp Doesn't...

offer them?

I know that you can read news groups with google. But that simply sucks. My new ISP doesn't subscribe to any news group service.

Are there ways to access newsgroups other than google with programs like outlook?

Thanks for any help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    no

but you can pay for a subscription

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by healimonster@2 February 2004 - 13:21
    offer them?

I know that you can read news groups with google. But that simply sucks. My new ISP doesn't subscribe to any news group service.

Are there ways to access newsgroups other than google with programs like outlook?

Thanks for any help.
    Yes, you can connect to free newsgroups with outlook. The problem is that if you want to download files you must connect to binary groups. I don't know of any free ones that are any good. You must pay for a suscription like muchspl2 said. A client like agent or newsbin pro is used for that instead of outlook.

A list of free newsgroups here. Click under the groups column to connect.

Slyck's guide to the newsgroups.

JG427

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    As I've mentioned before, I think Astraweb is a good deal. You don't have to sign up for any monthly plan or anything (unless you want to). For a one time fee of $10 you can download 25GB from any newsgroups with no time restrictions. Here is their website...

http://www.news.astraweb.com