Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Is The Best Cd-ripper?

im looking for a good program to rip music cds to my PC as mp3's. i know this has been discussed in the topic Which Is The Best Player, but i would really appreciate some hashes. thx in advance

2. Music   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Go here..... Rippers & Encoders

Should not need no hashes,just find one there.I use dBpowerAMP Music Converter 9.0.,rip my CDs and family and freinds at 192 bitrate stereo.

3. Music   -   #3
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    CDEX is the best in my book. Rips directly from the CD to your hard drive keping it 100 percent digital. All other programs to the best of knowledge rip through your audio card, changing it from digital to analog and back to digital. For the clearest and best digital rips use CDEX.

4. Music   -   #4
    ok thanks guys

5. Music   -   #5
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@3 March 2003 - 14:36
    CDEX is the best in my book. Rips directly from the CD to your hard drive keping it 100 percent digital. All other programs to the best of knowledge rip through your audio card, changing it from digital to analog and back to digital. For the clearest and best digital rips use CDEX.
    I have heard CDEX is good do not get me wrong.I have compared I do not know how many rips to the original CD useing dBpowerAMP Music Converter(LAME 3.92) and I can not tell the difference at 192 bitrate stereo.But maybe I should stop this debate before somebody starts comparing 192 bitrate and 256 bitrate before long.

To each its own carbert,either of these 2 will do just fine,just please rip them at 160 bitrate or higher if you are going to share them.....prefer 192 but 160 is fine.

6. Music   -   #6
    Originally posted by carbert@3 March 2003 - 20:23
    im looking for a good program to rip music cds to my PC as mp3's. i know this has been discussed in the topic Which Is The Best Player, but i would really appreciate some hashes. thx in advance
    dbpoweramp

simply the best tool...

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    Yep, CDex gets my vote too.

BTW, can you choose the encoder you want to use, using dbPowerAMP or is it like MusicMatch Jukebox that only uses the Fraunhoffer encoder?

8. Music   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    dbpoweramp uses lame encoder if thats what you mean.

As far as I know you can't chance this.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by DataMore@3 March 2003 - 14:56
    Yep, CDex gets my vote too.

BTW, can you choose the encoder you want to use, using dbPowerAMP or is it like MusicMatch Jukebox that only uses the Fraunhoffer encoder?
    It only uses LAME 3.92 as far as I know.But I don't mind.

Is CDex good at ripping CDs that are in bad shape(scratches and what not),sometimes have hard time with old CDs ripping that are scratched?From what I have always understood no Ripper/Encoder can help that.

10. Music   -   #10
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I 've got a question to all people using dbpoweramp.

What should I choose as channels under compression settings?
    Joint stereo, stereo, dual channel??

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast