Thread: Connecting 6 In 1 Flash Card Reader Thing

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i have a 6 in 1 card reader thingy that goes in ur 3.5' slot. when i got my computer, or most of it, it came plugged in to my old mobo. i just switched mobos, as u know, and now i plug it in and it doesn't work. maybe i'm plugging it into the wrong place. where is it supposed to go?? i leads out to a 4 pin flat connector thingy that looks kinda like those front usb port connectors. wat up?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If it's like mine Abu, that connector is USB.
    Try it on one of your board's USB headers and see if it shows up in My Computer.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    Same advise here, make sure you there is even a header with the config on it.. it would suck if you had to move the wiires around because of bad configuration of headers...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hmm... it does look like a use connector. well, rite now, my front usb connectors aren't working either. from the reviews on this board, a lot of other users also had this prob. those instructions are weird. i'll mess around. if it's not a usb connector, where would it go?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    most card reader are usb header and i havent seen one connected other wise. wherw was it plugged into in ur old mobo?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@3 February 2004 - 00:55
    most card reader are usb header and i havent seen one connected other wise. wherw was it plugged into in ur old mobo?
    can't really remember. but it does look very much like a usb connector. i gotta finish some french hw and go to bed. so i'll try this tomorow.