Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A: Drive Wants To Format All My (good) Disks

Wasted = when I try to read the disk a computer gives the following message (aprox): This disk isnt formatted yet, Do you want to format it now?

The wasting only happens on my old computer (it has windows 98). On this computer, a newer one with XP, disks dont get wasted. Disks that worked good on this (xp) computer, get messed up when I use them (save files on them) on the other (98) computer.

The problem started on school with the same errormessages, with somebody others disk. after that, i tried my disk on another pc on the same network and it gave the same error. I put the disk in both my computers and the (98) one started wasting other disks too.

Ok, probably I said a lot of things I allready said in other posts in this topic, but its hard to explain.

I think its a virus. I checked this pc (xp) for viruses, norton found one. The other pc (98) isnt connected to the internet so my virusprotector couldnt be updated, it didnt find any viruses.

Shut up, i know my english is bad!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    and new topics are coming up so fast that my problem is gone to the land of the forgotten in less than an hour.

Shut up, i know my english is bad!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12