Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Everything On Kl Fake?

Originally posted by pop0331@3 February 2004 - 20:09
    Is there any way or program that can tell you beforehand if a file is fake or corrupted before you download the friggin thing?
    bittorent, overnet, irc, newsgroups.....

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by junkyardking+6 February 2004 - 10:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking &#064; 6 February 2004 - 10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pop0331@3 February 2004 - 20:09
    Is there any way or program that can tell you beforehand if a file is fake or corrupted before you download the friggin thing?
    bittorent, overnet, irc, newsgroups..... [/b][/quote]
    I gotta agree. I am a member of Phoenix ( http://www.phoenix-torrents.com/index.php?act=idx ). {And no, I am not trying to advertise}. Bittorent is the way to go. I NEVER get a fake file. Thats right folks. NEVER. I rarely ever use Kazaa any more. It saddens me that it has to be this way because I really loved Kazaa Lite, but I got tired of wasting my time trying to find an uncorrupted file. Still love this forum too. Lots of great people and lots of free help.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by chev24grd@6 February 2004 - 17:50
    Bittorent is the way to go
    If you aren&#39;t bothered about the security issues then I suppose you&#39;re right
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Ofcourse a lot of files on k-lite are fake but if you&#39;re smart enough to use verified downloads you don&#39;t have to worry about that.You can find a whole lot of verifieds here on this board and there are also a lot of sites that have them too.
    And in my experience,verified downloads always have plenty of sources available so it won&#39;t take long for them to start downloading.

The only onther p2p software I advise to use is Soulseek if you want to download music.You can find everything on there,and you don&#39;t have to worry about fake or messed up files.For everything else k-lite is still good enough to get you what you&#39;re looking for.It&#39;s also the most userfriendly p2pclient I&#39;ve seen so far.

And people should stop whining about k-lite dying because it&#39;s not so&#33;
    But if everybody keeps saying it is,ofcourse it will have an effect on that.
    It would be better to promote k-lite and the verified section instead of burning it down to the ground.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    wouldnt using sig2dat guarentee you getting a REAL download file?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@6 February 2004 - 20:07
    Ofcourse a lot of files on k-lite are fake but if you&#39;re smart enough to use verified downloads you don&#39;t have to worry about that.You can find a whole lot of verifieds here on this board and there are also a lot of sites that have them too.
    And in my experience,verified downloads always have plenty of sources available so it won&#39;t take long for them to start downloading.

The only onther p2p software I advise to use is Soulseek if you want to download music.You can find everything on there,and you don&#39;t have to worry about fake or messed up files.For everything else k-lite is still good enough to get you what you&#39;re looking for.It&#39;s also the most userfriendly p2pclient I&#39;ve seen so far.

And people should stop whining about k-lite dying because it&#39;s not so&#33;
    But if everybody keeps saying it is,ofcourse it will have an effect on that.
    It would be better to promote k-lite and the verified section instead of burning it down to the ground.
    I appreciate your comments. I have been away from this board for a while and need to get caught up on what has been going on. There does seem to be a lot of new things. I did not mean to come off as a know it all, because God knows I am not. Just expressing my opinion. I will look into the verrifieds. The last time I was here they were removed and it was no longer an option. Thanks for the tip. I am all for good downloads and sharing them. After all, thats what it is all about.
    Thumbs up for Soulseek.
    As far as the promotion of the site and the ver. section, I can do my part to help. I would love to see this board become the sharing giant that it can be. I am ready to get back into the swing of things.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Bittorrent is fine if you are searching for a file that is currently popular, but if a lot of people aren&#39;t downloading what you want then you are out of luck. I like to DL a lot of progressive house, and stuff like Hybrid, all the really ass shakin groove stuff. Problem is, its not a mainstream kinda music, and even on klite sometime I get very few hits on something I look for. The bonus is that id say out of a thousand downloads, ive gotten one screech file. So which is better? You can&#39;t really compare, you just go with what works in any given situation.

If anyone, however knows of a really good network specializing in underground dance music and awesome grooves, then please let me know.

There&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;team&#39;. But then there&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;useless smug colleague&#39;, either.
    And there&#39;s four in &#39;platitude-quoting idiot&#39;. Go figure.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Canti@6 February 2004 - 23:43
    Bittorrent is fine if you are searching for a file that is currently popular, but if a lot of people aren&#39;t downloading what you want then you are out of luck.
    True in a lot of communities, but if you get your self into a good one, people are willing to repost things for you. Of course thats if they have it. You have a valid point.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Canti@6 February 2004 - 21:43
    If anyone, however knows of a really good network specializing in underground dance music and awesome grooves, then please let me know.
    Soulseek
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by SOLIDSNAKEV1@6 February 2004 - 20:39
    wouldnt using sig2dat guarentee you getting a REAL download file?&nbsp;
    No because it only hashes a small portion of a file, it&#39;s practily useless for error correction, there been alot of reports that some sig2dat links usally mp3&#39;s got corrupted on purpose, this was done with ease because the hashing was inadaquate.

That&#39;s why other protacols such as ed2k and bittorent use sha1 hashing which hashes the whole file making the file nearly uncorruptable as it spreads over the network...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast