lol :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bluedevil's Avatar Antileech.Inc
    fsb = Front Side Bus

edit: lol must have been at the same time

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    k thanx, now what does that mean in terms of purchasing a mobo...

is fsb400 good?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bluedevil's Avatar Antileech.Inc
    One issue of confusion is the labeling of front side bus speeds. Typically a FSB today is dual or quad channel, meaning a FSB speed advertised as being "333 MHz" may actually be 166 MHz dual channel, effectively meaning 333 MHz of speed. Nowadays, PC (X86) CPUs work with front side bus speeds ranging from 133 MHz dual channel (266 MHz effective) to 200 MHz quad channel (800 MHz effective).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by bluedevil@4 February 2004 - 10:51
    One issue of confusion is the labeling of front side bus speeds. Typically a FSB today is dual or quad channel, meaning a FSB speed advertised as being "333 MHz" may actually be 166 MHz dual channel, effectively meaning 333 MHz of speed. Nowadays, PC (X86) CPUs work with front side bus speeds ranging from 133 MHz dual channel (266 MHz effective) to 200 MHz quad channel (800 MHz effective).
    kool thats exactly what i wanted to know.

looking at my specs, would you say that an asus a7n8x deluxe would improve overall performance.... fsb 400... i duno if its dual channel..?

Thoroughbred/Barton nvidiaGeforce2 ultra 400 ATX FSB400 3DDR400 Dual channel 1AGP8X 5PCI 6CH Audio USB2 SATA 1394 Raid dual Lan one GB one 10/100Lan

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Originally posted by dray_02@3 February 2004 - 22:36
    yer i have no idea what FSB means.

lol :helpsmile:
    Dray,
    try this link for Fsb
    http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/fo...front+side+bus

here is more on that asus board
    http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by dray_02@3 February 2004 - 14:36
    How Important Is Fsb?
    okay, you know how the clock speed describes how fast the processor does its work internally? the front side bus speed describes how fast it communicates with the motherboard.

the FSB speed is important, just like the processor speed, RAM speed, hard drive speed, etc are important. because they're all working together as a system, so when the speed of one part lags behind the others, it slows the whole thing down. of course, there is no "perfect" balance of these parts, there's always going to be some component which is not quite keeping up with the others-- so the best you can ever do is try to put together a set of components that sort of go well together, instead of a really fast component here and a really slow component there.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+4 February 2004 - 11:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 4 February 2004 - 11:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@3 February 2004 - 14:36
    How Important Is Fsb?
    okay, you know how the clock speed describes how fast the processor does its work internally? the front side bus speed describes how fast it communicates with the motherboard.

the FSB speed is important, just like the processor speed, RAM speed, hard drive speed, etc are important. because they&#39;re all working together as a system, so when the speed of one part lags behind the others, it slows the whole thing down. of course, there is no "perfect" balance of these parts, there&#39;s always going to be some component which is not quite keeping up with the others-- so the best you can ever do is try to put together a set of components that sort of go well together, instead of a really fast component here and a really slow component there. [/b][/quote]
    brilliant thanks alot guyz

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    oh yeah i forgot to ask,

when i give my old motherboard to my cousin... (my MS 6367), will he have to install any drivers? or nething like that? or will it run alright without any major hassles.

ta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast