Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: English Help

Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@4 February 2004 - 01:19
    Possibly mixing Enid Blyton with Capt W E Johns there. Although they could have been one and the same.

More Soccer A.M. on Sky Sports 1 (Saturday Morning) if truth be told.

I am not aware if you are familiar with Tim Lovejoy's work.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 February 2004 - 00:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 4 February 2004 - 00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@4 February 2004 - 01:19
    Possibly mixing Enid Blyton with Capt W E Johns there. Although they could have been one and the same.

More Soccer A.M. on Sky Sports 1 (Saturday Morning) if truth be told.

I am not aware if you are familiar with Tim Lovejoy&#39;s work. [/b][/quote]
    No, I can&#39;t say I have heard of him.

What are his main pieces?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #23

4. Lounge   -   #24

Jumpers for goalposts&#33; Yes&#33; What?

I will investigate his style further - though I fear I do not subscribe to Sky Sports.

I do take their general package though I am somewhat peeved with them at the moment. I can&#39;t get any of the Beeb channels and got some gobbledy gook explanation for it - with the offer of sending someone to tweak my box for a mere £65.00 pounds.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@4 February 2004 - 01:46

I will investigate his style further - though I fear I do not subscribe to Sky Sports.

I do take their general package though I am somewhat peeved with them at the moment. I can&#39;t get any of the Beeb channels and got some gobbledy gook explanation for it - with the offer of sending someone to tweak my box for a mere £65.00 pounds.
    Tell them to feck off.

It is up to them to fulfill their side of the contract, which includes providing you with the BBC Channels. They are patently in breach of said contract just now.

It is not a matter for you to pay for them to honour their side of the deal. That is simply preposterous.

Tell them I said so, it may help.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 February 2004 - 00:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 4 February 2004 - 00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@4 February 2004 - 01:46

I do take their general package though I am somewhat peeved with them at the moment. I can&#39;t get any of the Beeb channels and got some gobbledy gook explanation for it - with the offer of sending someone to tweak my box for a mere £65.00 pounds.&nbsp;
    Tell them to feck off.

It is up to them to fulfill their side of the contract, which includes providing you with the BBC Channels. They are patently in breach of said contract just now.

It is not a matter for you to pay for them to honour their side of the deal. That is simply preposterous.

Tell them I said so, it may help. [/b][/quote]

Cheers

I did decline their offer as it did not sit well with my parsimonious inclinations.

I will mention you name amidst dire threats of retribution. However, I hold out little hope. Sky are the new British Gas. For a company founded by a free trade right winger they have turned into an bureaucracy bound by inertia and absurd rules regarding walls, chimneys, ladders and how far they will carry said ladder etc., I am convinced Bernard Cribbens writes their guidelines whilst singing "Right said Fred".

A friend said nab a Sky fitter and he will do it as a sidey for a tenner. As this is exactly how every one used get their gas fires fixed this rings true.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Your revelations re Mr Cribbens may be the problem.

If the dish is in fact inside of a hole, then the reception will be at best poor.

Try the more traditional side of your hoose approach. It may help.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 February 2004 - 00:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 4 February 2004 - 00:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@4 February 2004 - 00:44
    but it is only allowed to be one side and i feel it should have a secret meaning to it or somethign along those lines&nbsp;
    Start with ....

Dear Diary

What a day I&#39;ve had, couldn&#39;t sleep at all last night, obviously, but I got up at 7 am anyway. LOL I never get up on saturdays. Dad was his usual grumpy self, but Mum understood, she always does. Dad has never been in love.

Go on to describe the day pick whatever you want, the date is just an idea. It is good because the emotions and memory are strong.

Feck I have just realised, I am a 14 year old girl. [/b][/quote]

Just dont put LOL&#39;s and WTF&#39;s in thier

Sorry gemby, i dont have any ideas for you like everyone else does. I sucked at english and could never write a story but i ended up passing english because i was good at other things in english.

Just dont stress about it too much and you will think of a story.

Base it on someting you saw on TV. or actually, just do what J&#39;Pol said.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@3 February 2004 - 23:59

Start with ....

Dear Diary

What a day I&#39;ve had, couldn&#39;t sleep at all last night, obviously, but I got up at 7 am anyway. LOL I never get up on saturdays. Dad was his usual grumpy self, but Mum understood, she always does. Dad has never been in love.

Go on to describe the day pick whatever you want, the date is just an idea. It is good because the emotions and memory are strong.

Feck I have just realised, I am a 14 year old girl.
    you reading my diary ?? how you know about my saturday ??

where did you get these sources from ?
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123