Thread: How Do I Install This File? Help!

I am hoping someone can help me. I downloaded the 2002 version of Microsoft Project to evaluate. The name of the file is microsoft.project.professional.v2002.final-iso. The file is an executable file the extracts a bunch of files into a directory of your choosing. I extracted all of the files, but there is no install or setup application, so I am not sure how to install the software. Do I need to burn a CD to install the application? Here is a list of some of the extracted files:

prok2k2p.sfv 1 KB SFV file
    prok2k2p 14,649 KB RAR file
    prok2k2p.r00 14,649 KB R00 file
    prok2k2p.r01 14,649 KB R01 file
    prok2k2p.r02 14,649 KB R02 file

There are 16 of these (.r01 - r16 files)

Any ideas?

Thanks - JTod

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Extract with Winrar to an iso and burn that.

Guide to .rar

JG427

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thankd for the reply Jg427. I am a little new to this, so I have a few questions. When you say extract with Winrar, do you mean the downloaded file (which is an EXE) or do you mean the extracted RAR file. Once extracted, would I find an iso image that I use to burn the CD?

Thanks again - JTod

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Right click the first rar file listed and choose extract to "name of the file here" You should have the iso in the folder created. The link I gave you is a more complete guide.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Jg427@3 February 2004 - 21:24
    Right click the first rar file listed and choose extract to "name of the file here" You should have the iso in the folder created. The link I gave you is a more complete guide.
    yeap thats about all it takes, hey jg427 you in texas, i am