Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amd Or Intel?

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    I wanted to know who uses what, and why? or what do you think about the two?
    Today is the day.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    If you had looked in the Hardwareworld you would see that this has already been brought up.

Go here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yes its been covered more than once !!
    Damn I need sleep......

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I like Intel (pentium4), because intel makes their own motherboards. The two work together well.

As far as AMD, I never had a problem with it either, but I haven't heard of a motherboard made by AMD.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@4 March 2003 - 03:31
    I haven't heard of a motherboard made by AMD.
    That's why it's called AMD: Ain't Motherboard Doers!

Now, wasn't that incredibly lame!

Expect more soon!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ex-member
    AMD don't make motherboards but they do make chipsets, just not very good ones.
    And AMD have a very good range of compatible motherboards from well-respected companies like Asus, Abit, MSI, etc., etc.

The best AMD (Socket A) mainboard around just now is the Asus A7N8X deluxe. It has dual-ddr support, allows ddr333, has a kick-ass nForce2 chipset and it's feature-packed.

And no, I don't work for Asus.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    TRshady
    I use amd, mainly coz there cheap. That doesn't effect there performance though. I think its wrong that they use '1800+', it fools people. I got it thinking it would be 1.8 gh, to good to be true.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    insanebassman
    I use both, P3 to record and edit music. (The entire computer is built around the sound blaster live platnum and EMU chipset.... it is for sound &#33 Plus my Layla card and Optical Adat...

AMD XP system to do websites etc.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I use AMD. At the time it was around $120 less! If I had what I like to call fu money I'd buy Intel cause they run a lot cooler. Always a good thing. But I'll get another AMD when I have regular money to upgrade.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Ok Datamore chill, these are new rooms to post in and I dont come in here nearly as much as some of you, so chill.

As for myself, I use an AMD 1700+.

@TRshady-dont feel screwed, the reason AMD did this was to make sure everyone knew that the AMD 1800+ is comparable to the 1.8ghz Pentium chip.

I myself like AMD better and will use them into the future.

damn i just wanted to hear opinions on this subject, if I had known the response would be so lame about posting in the wrong spot, I wouldn't have even posted.
    Today is the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast