Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erasing Hidden File From Hardrive?

is there any free software to erase your hidden files that you have already deleted from your hardrive?
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You want to delete an already deleted file? Are you talking about a file wiper?

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    yes its called a hammer or fire otherwise i can be retrieved

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by DarkClown12@4 February 2004 - 04:44
    is there any free software to erase your hidden files that you have already deleted from your hardrive?
    if you are wanting freeware secure file deletion, just do a search on google, or try this
    http://www.webmasterfree.com/software/Secu...s_shredder.html
    or this
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/sdelete.shtml

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Or sure delete, which will wipe the SPACE that contains the files you delete normally from the recycling bin. Use at ur own risk though. Use the drive cleaner i think.
    Sure delete
    read all help files and ...before using.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    thanx
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    np
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Yes there is.

The file has to be overwritten at least 65 thousand times. Ther are programs out there that actually run as a deamon process (server) and constantly overwrite files in the ./trash or any type of recycle bin or directory 24/7.

Unfortunately, the beauty of being able to run such programs only reside in unix or linux operating enviorments. And your system has to either be a 64 bit system or you have to have at least several gigs of ram in order to run such a deamon on your machine.

Federal goverments and major corporations and instituitions in my country run such opensource tools but they have basically supercomputers that can run the process as if it was just any other system process.

There is a smaller program that can attempt to overwrite your files in a more timely and less system resource consuming manner.

The thc hydra group has put out various tools for such. One of them "secure delete" that will overwrite not only physical data but data held in buffers andl memory as well. .

No need to be paranoid though. If it comes down to it just throw the hard drive in a bucket full of water when the feds are knocking at your door.............

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I try&#39;d sure delete, very fast&#33; But how can we tell If it really works or not? I lost space after running it . Went from 3.2 to 3.3 gb used . On a 60gb Wierd eh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast