Thread: I Saw It First!

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The "court" for the NBA All-Star game just left here.

They make all the flooring (hardwood) for most of the important (and unimportant) sporting/court events everywhere (Olympics, Pro Sports, etc.) at a little place up the road from where I am called Horner Flooring.

I had a truck-driver running a relay load through my gate last night; he told me he was hauling the floor for the NBA All-Star game out to California.

I used my authority to get him to open the trailer so I could inspect it's contents.

So-

I saw it first!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #2
    so?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Lounge   -   #3
    BANNED
    They make the goal posts and the footballs for the superbowl in my state

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Check 'em out:

www.hornerflooring.com

The best in the world-bar none.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I'm surprised more courts don't have par kay (spelling?) flooring like in Boston.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Busyman@4 February 2004 - 16:08
    I'm surprised more courts don't have par kay (spelling?) flooring like in Boston.
    Parquet.

I think the Boston Garden was cool, but the court itself was lousy (not the design, just that specific court); dead spots, buckles, etc.

I would guess the parquet pattern would be quite a bit more expensive, as graining and color would be much more difficult to maintain, consistantly.

Of course, if Horner got a huge shitload of orders for parquet, who knows?

-Mark Twain