Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems With Symantec Live Update...

Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...

This seems to have happened very recently and I have not the faintest clue what it was that I had done to bring this about. Yet Live Update, for whatever reason, does not want to "update" anything.

I have been using the recent 2.0.39.0 version for some time without conflict until this. So far I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling Live Update. No change. I have uninstalled and completely reinstalled all Norton/Symantec products using the service. Again no change. And I have also went through my registry and deleted various suspicious keys. Still no change.

Using an older version of Live Update seems not to recognize all installed Norton components. Only the common client and Live reg seems to come up on screen.

I was hoping that perhaps someone else using the TDA release of SystemWorks2004 Pro or NIS2004 Pro may have had some experience with this problem and could suggest a remedy. I will be reformatting soon, however with the recent strain of malicsious internet activity spreading, I did not really want to remain vulnerable until I did so.

Thanks. :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Look HERE.

I'm not doing all the work for you.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ... say it with me... N-O-R-T-O-N S-U-C-K-S.

Well, some of it is good software... running from the disk. Otherwise, it's always causing someone trouble. Dude, there are better poieces of software that are free.

LiveUpdate always screws up. The anti-virus doesn't pick up half as many infected objects as AVG does and it makes waaay more mistakes.

NIS slows down your internet connection, especially 2004. Not to mention there are much better, more sure fire ways to protect yourself.

Systemworks, I would say is the best thing they came out with. I don't have anything against that, but it's not needed to be installed because whatever worth running can be done directly off the disk.

Symantec's Products were great at one point.... What happened?

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    believe it or not, norton for me has caught more virus than AVG

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Norton has never let me down

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    That&#39;s interesting.
    Well, to each his own. I always had trouble using Norton software. And even if the problems I had with it were ironed out, I still find it bloated and obtrusive.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    bloated, yeah, but effective

matter of fact, AVG sucked in some reviews that were posted here a while back

NOD32 owned em all i think
    but i could be wrong..........
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I had this interesting time once, when I had to fix this computer.
    It was slow as hell and needed to be restored, so I installed AVG free edition, and it found five viruses before it finished installing.

It had at least 15 though. People don&#39;t know how to use a computer.

I find AVG 7.0 kicks ass though. I never hear anyone talking about the different versions. 7.0 is the best anti-virus I&#39;ve used so far.

-- Xero Grid --

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    and you say that having used norton?
    hmmm, hell maybe i&#39;ll check it out too
    a feckin review is just that after all, a review
    kinda like the benchmark tests
    that always try to say intel :x is better than AMD i guess

i&#39;ll try it and hopefully i&#39;ll stand corrected

B)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Norton Corporate is lightweight and gets straight to the point of defending your computer against viruses..................END.

All other norton products are trash and should be disposed of at your discretion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast