Thread: Diy Is Any One Good At It?

Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    ok here is the situation, after months of affing about with cables over carpets for broadband, my dad and i decided to start laying them today. first step was me tyding my room and placing my bed on its head. the house layout is that my sisters bedroom is directly below mine, she has a cupboard so we were planning on sticking the cables up throught there into my room and then round the rest of the rooms. the results are as follows.

1st pic the mess my floor is in at the moment, bear in mind i cant go to the pub till it is fixed

2nd picture, my sister 18th century cornice

3rd picture the bits of the roof me and my dad managed to destroy by pushing a wrought iron bar through it.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    i forgot to apologise for the state of the pictures, my camera is shite. also i am writing this on my laptop as i cant get to my pc over the upturned bed and everything else.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Oh jesusu christ what have you done

4. Lounge   -   #4
    the funny thing is my dad has just popped out and when he left he said to me "think of excuses we can say to your mum and sister" i started pishing myself laughing cos it is not really my fault, he will take the blame while i will wind up my sister.

5. Lounge   -   #5

I just drilled a couple of holes in the floor and ran em thru the basement. Managed to do it without a hitch for a change.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    I have wireless lan..........hihi!!!

Yogi

7. Lounge   -   #7
    we have given up. i am slowly getting my room back together. will post pictures next time i am on my laptop. as i dont have the drivers installed on my pc.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    /me takes a deep breath...

Ok, here goes.
    Replace carpet. Position bed over bad spot in the floor. Be sure not to stand on of the bed's foots in the hole.
    Goto local plant store. Buy nice plant with big leaves. Position on sister's cupboard so that it covers the hole in the cornice.
    Never tell mother ANYTHING.
    Goto local PC shop and ask for a WLAN hub and recievers. RTFM and install the WLAN network.
    Done!

edit: On a more serious note, you can use wood-filling paste to fill the hole in the cornice. If you want a real pro finish, use a cast you made from a good part. Touch up with paint, eh voila!
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@5 February 2004 - 17:30
    /me takes a deep breath...

Ok, here goes.
    Replace carpet. Position bed over bad spot in the floor. Be sure not to stand on of the bed's foots in the hole.
    Goto local plant store. Buy nice plant with big leaves. Position on sister's cupboard so that it covers the hole.
    Never tell mother ANYTHING.
    Goto local PC shop and ask for a WLAN hub and recievers. RTFM and install the WLAN network.
    Done!
    too late. the hole is not in her cupboard we miscalculated the space below it is a whopping great hole in the roof. right throught the cornice. i have placed the carpet back down and the floorboards and my bed on top of it. my dad told my mum over the phone when i asked what she asid he said "she went quiet" i suggested she is saving her rage for when she comes home.