Thread: Bf1942 Mod Sells Out

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Digital Illusions signs agreement with Trauma Studios
    Digital Illusions CE AB (publ) 2004-02-04
    Digital Illusions has begun collaboration with game developer Trauma Studios Inc. During one year Trauma will work on an upcoming product, together with Digital Illusions.

Trauma Studios developed the popular mod* to Battlefield 1942, DesertCombat. The new collaboration is for one of Digital Illusions' previously announced projects. The Company estimates the costs for the collaboration to approximately 550 000 USD during a period of 12 months.

- We understood the impact DesertCombat had quite early. This mod kept Battlefield's popularity in place during the last year, as well as helped us sell a considerable amount of games, says Patrick Söderlund, CEO, Digital Illusions.

- We have established a close cooperation with Trauma, and now we have come to an exclusive agreement with them, says Patrick Söderlund, CEO, Digital Illusions.

- We are delighted to be working with Digital Illusions on this project. Digital Illusions is one of the premier game development studios in the world and Battlefield 1942 is the best FPS game to be published in years. Everybody we have met at the company has been fantastic to work with and we are looking forward to collaborating with them on this project, says Frank DeLise, President, Trauma Studios Inc.

* A mod is a kind of modification to a game already existing. With DesertCombat Trauma reprogrammed some parts of Battlefield 1942 and thereby created new environments and new features for the game. To be able to play a mod you need the actual game that the mod was developed for. This means mods push sales of video games.

About Trauma Studios Inc.:
    Trauma Studios Inc. is a Manhattan based game developer specializing in FPS military style games. Best known for the DesertCombat MOD for Digital Illusions' hit game, Battlefield1942, Trauma started out in 2002 as a grass roots game developer and created the #1 MOD for 2002 and for 2003 (as voted on Gamespy). Trauma Studios' DesertCombat has had over 3 million cumulative downloads and consistently ranks amongst the top 3 games played online. For more information, please visit .

OMG
    this is so gay, this now means that im eventually gonna have 2 pat for a mod

this is the biggest outrage ever.!!!!!! fuckin sellouts, assholes at ea!!!!!

this is bad, very bad, no more almost monthly releases and no more freeness!!!

god fuckin dammit.

ahh im sorry but this is really madening. ASSHOLES!!! i new ea wasgonna do this, they did it with cs and they did it with a unreal mod.

ahhhh

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    i can live with beta 6, but anyways

still it shows that the bedroom developers still stand a chance, there is hope for us all :i cant bring myself to smile:
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

3. Games   -   #3
    i never liked dc

it never had heart, just a bunch of ex game designers.

i hope no other mods sell out

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    have you ever played CS? i guess they&#39;re sell outs as well.

5. Games   -   #5
    ya but cs was older when it came out

dc isnt even a year old and their already sellin out.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    well, considering they started the mod. worked on it real hard and are now getting something inreturn. i dont know how thats sellin out. to me that sounds like buisness. they are far from sell outs. alot of game devs get there start like this. i think its tight that now that they are gettinf funds they can make a better mod that might come close to Battlefield Vietnam.

7. Games   -   #7
    this sucks, well im not buying it. ill get my copy of from Bittorent.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul@11 February 2004 - 02:53
    well, considering they started the mod. worked on it real hard and are now getting something inreturn. i dont know how thats sellin out. to me that sounds like buisness. they are far from sell outs. alot of game devs get there start like this. i think its tight that now that they are gettinf funds they can make a better mod that might come close to Battlefield Vietnam.
    thats what i think and forgive me for saying this but i&#39;d like it to happen to me one day. i&#39;m gutted though that they sold out to EA
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    yeah even tho EA aint the best company to create something for, it is the start that they are getting that matters. same with an acting career or Music career. you gotta start somewhere. in a few years they might end up make a great engine and great game.