Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burning A Movie To A Cd

do you mean windows media player icon .. are you using xp i know when you put in a blank disc it asks you what you want to do with it cancel it or select your burning program.. it would help to know what that was (nero , easy cd ??)....you should be able to burn the media player icon(movie file) as data

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    sorry seems like the posts are flying fast and furious right on top of each other

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    YES! That's what I did originally. It's my F drive. It started the burn, then stopped saying there was an error. Sorry guys, I wish I knew how to explain this better

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    I put the CD in & when the window came up to select what to do, I highlighted the "open writable CD folder using Windows explorer" then I selected "write these files to CD" and only selected the one version (CD1) to copy. It shows to be copying, but then it stopped. Does this make sense? And yes, I'll probably have an answer by the time I post this reply! The CD writing wizard tells me that there was an error in the writing process, the disk that I have attempted to write on my no longer be usuable, then it asks what I want to do...eject the disk, save the file to try again, etc...

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Have you tried burning both the files? Did it come up with the same error both times?

If so trying using a different blank CD if you haven't already, and try not to do too much on your computer while it is burning, can cause problems.
    sorry seems like the posts are flying fast and furious right on top of each other
    Ain't that the truth! I think I'll let you or Shinigami take over now, must get to bed -_- -_-

edit:
    I put the CD in & when the window came up to select what to do, I highlighted the "open writable CD folder using Windows explorer" then I selected "write these files to CD" and only selected the one version (CD1) to copy. It shows to be copying, but then it stopped. Does this make sense?
    Yep makes sense, that's how you do it!

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    sorry to leave you hanging but i've goto go to bed also its 1.35 pm here

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Thanks for your help & night night! I'm so frustrated with this thing. I have ruined 2 CDs now. I did not have anything going on in the background while trying to copy them. The second time I did, I was doing it again as I was telling this all to you..it made no difference, did exactly the same thing... bummer!

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    oops i mean am so tired good nite

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    I think I'll go on to bed too. It's 12:30 here. I will get back on tomorrow night around 8 so maybe I can pick up where we left off...ok? Thanks again everybody! At the very least it's been fun talking to you!

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Alrighty... I'm back from sleep and school
    First: Download a burning program like Nero. You can go to http://www.nero.com and get a trial version if you want to then look for a serial but go on Kazaa Lite and download one from there.
    2nd: Are you using regular CD-R's or DVD-R's??? That could be a problem since you mentioned a DVD burner.... (oh and I also have the same computer as you lol)
    3rd: When you have Nero, the wizard you pop up and walk you through it.
    Make sure after you select DVD burning or regular CD burning, you select to burn as DATA.
    Then drag and drop your files onto the screen from the right to the left.
    Then Burn.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast