Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burning A Movie To A Cd

Hey guys, you there? Bet you didn't think you'd be seeing me again, huh? I have another problem....
    The CD will not play on my friends brand new laptop. Others will, but not the one that I burned. It played fine on my computer last night...I had him download all of the stuff that I have on my computer...but it's not working. Any suggestions?

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Hello again B)

I don't really know much about laptops I'm afraid, but you could try a different brand of CD. Some drives can be picky about the types they will accept. Other than I that can't really help.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    it's a windows XP.... i know that it works on my XP here. I had him download Xvid, Divx412 as well as 311 and Nemo 50 pack. We unchecked any and all divx & xvid stuff as well as ffdshow. I don't understand what happened.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Now you burned it as data right? Did you try going into My computer>then click the drive where the CD is located at and view it as a folder. You should see the files there.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Yep, he tried that. I am soooo frustrated. It played fine here. I told him to download all of the some stuff I had too, and he did. I helped him do it today. I just wonder if there is a Divx or some other codec that was built into Windows XP that is doubling up and causing a problem? Is that possible? (And you THOUGHT you got rid of the dumb blonde, huh?) ALso, he had a divx movie that was burned by someone else play just fine in it. Makes me think that maybe it is a probem with the Xvid codec?

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    hello.. The only way I know to check if the right codec is installed is with a small program called gspot(don't laugh)gspot.. Install program..in the program..next to the file path box click on the small white square ... locate the file ...the program does the rest...it will just tell you if the proper codec is installed..I'm trying not to get to complicated hope you understand it..bye

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    hmmm...
    When you go to folder, is it blank? Try testing it on another computer and see if the files show up on that computer. You burned them as data right? So the files on the disc should be .avi's... Have you tried opening a media player and locating the media on the disc? Try burning the avi's on CD-RW's so you don't waste another disc and see if it works then.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    I don't have the laptop here. It's my boss's. We tried reloading xvid, thinking it might have been bad. It did show a green screen at first, then the error message came back up. It was a windows explorer message & I don't remember the wording, but it said that "you might be in the middle of something & will lose any information that you're working on". Something like that. Yesterday, only the error message came up, no green screen, nothing else. I had played the CD on my computer before I took it to work. It worked beautifully. I'm pretty frustrated. I guess if we hadn't loaded the same stuff on his as is on mine, I wouldn't be so stumped. Is there a difference in the Nemo 5.0 vs Nemo50build9beta1? I noticed that his is a 5.0 final version. Could that be it? I'm grasping at straws, I know. By the way, what are your ages? I noticed that you guys are going to school. Shini, are you really 15? If so, I'm impressed! OH YEAH, I forgot...yes, I DID burn the CD as data.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Yep, I'm 15 lol. and going to school tomorrow....again
    Did the laptop happen to freeze or hang after you loaded the disc? I had the same problem as you did when I burned a couple discs for my friends to watch but they were running Win 98...
    This is a long shot but using a CD-RW if you can, burn the avi's as BOOTABLE DATA instead of DATA and see what happens.

If you have Nero Express:
    Open up Nero, at the top of Nero under the toolbar and next to the scissors (the cut icon), there should be a black icon thing with an arrow, click that and Nero Express should pop up. Then hover your mouse over Data, then click Bootable Data Disc. Load your avi and burn.

If you don't have Nero Express:
    Open up Nero, close the wizard if you have it open, then scroll the left menu down until you see an icon of a CD and folders with the text "CD-ROM (boot)" below it. Click that, then click the "burn" tab, then click the "new" button to the right of that. Drag and Drop the files and burn.

This is a long shot though... Well I have to eat dinner now so hopefully someone can help you.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Hello I feel old I'm 37..Shinigami when I was your age I was playing with my good old commadore 64 (oh boy)..You seem very wise about this topic Shinigami..I've only been playing with vcd's for only about 2 months.This still seems like it may be codec related ..If I remember correctly xvids with green screens mean codec problems try the gspot program its fast and easy.It will rule this out..And its a nice free tool to keep to check other movie downloads with ..Hope I'm not confusing the issue here but at least I'm trying to help..Its 12:12 here so I'm off to bed Nite all.Keep us posted on your progress

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast