Thread: K-lite Codec Pack

I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem I did. After installing the K-Lite Codec Pack I couldn't play movies off websites. I don't know if it can't stream, or what not but it just doesn't work. All the movies I have downloaded already work fine, but when I click a movie link from a website the movie won't load or play. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I am using K-Lite Codec Pack 1.7 btw, and the same problem occured with 1.6.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Get version 2.0!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Did it say it was still connecting or still buffering? What kind of connection do you have? If you really want to see it, try this if it's there:
    Originally posted by kAb

Getting movies off the net:
    (Only confirmed for WMP9)

For those who don't know...

Go to foxnews.com or a site which allows you to see videos (unlike CNN where you are required to pay, unless you have the superpass hack)

open the movie.

then go to your "temporary internet files" file, and find the video. usually it is easy to find as you probably have a different movie viewer as your default movie viewer, and therefore it is the icon. it is not usually however, obviously shown like "BUSH SPEECH". it will often be like: 127836bushpress44 or something.

open the movie. go to file, "save media as"(or "save as") and save it to your kazaa shared folder.

when it is done saving you can go and rename it to an actual name of the movie. you're set :-)

This will work with WMP9, i'm not sure about realplayer etc.
    This works only on sites that you know give you the full clip, and for people who don't want to search the web for it, they can find it on kazaa. for example. the last few minutes of the columbia audio file before it disintegrated. i went to a site which had it. and followed the procedure above to get it onto kazaa where others could listen to it without having to search the web for it.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Are you sure you have plugins for those movies on the web?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Where can I find version 2? Well, the movies are just plain mpeg's, they worked before I installed the K-Lite Codec Pack. If I uninstall the K-Lite Codec Pack and click the link for a movie off a website it works again. I'm wondering maybe if it's one of the codecs that gets installed. I'm using Windows Media Player 9. I don't want to uninstall the codec pack cause then movies I have downloaded don't work properly so I was hoping maybe there was a solution so I could have both.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Search in the development secton. You'll find it, I think it's still in testing mode right now.