Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burning A Movie To A Cd

If I have installed Xvid & Divx codecs along with Nemo50build9beta1 ( I disabled the Divx & Xvid codecs in Nemo as well as Ffd show). I also have added (but I have not unzipped to completely install) Dvix 311 Alpha. I am not able to burn my AVI movie so far on a CD. It keeps saying there was an error. I know it will take 2 CDs, but I'm afraid that the file is too large to fit on the CD. They are 716,614 KB & 715,908 KB. I have regular CD'Rs that are 80 mins each. What do I do now? Am I missing something to convert the AVI to enable me to burn it to a CD? Do I need the Dvix 311 alpha if I already have Dvix codecs? Will it cause something not to work properly if I install it? Do I need to download TMPNGnc? ( I have no idea what that is or does really) I am going off of what I've been reading on the forum... and so far have been able to finally get my Xvid movie to play with out the green slime, with everyone's help (THANK YOU)... I am VERY new to this & to be honest, completely confused! Can anyone help?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com
    http://www.doom9.org

Check out dvdRhelp.com first. Yea, the files will be too big as the avi's must be converted to mpg before making a VCD. Use TMPGenc and VirtualDUB. Come back when you get more confused

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Check those websites if you're trying to make a VCD to play on your DVD player. If you're just storing them on CD to watch on your computer, it's a lot easier.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Great, but where and how do I get a version of virtualdub that I can download? I've gone to the sites and so far I can't seem to find an actual download...am I crazy? I know I'm beyond confused now! I realized that I already downloaded the TMPNGNC file (that's what the Dvix 311 is, right?) And yes, at this point I'm only wanting to burn it to a CD to watch on a computer...I'm NOT ready to try to burn a DVD... Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm also blonde so make it simple, please!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    If you want to burn it to watch on the computer, then its simple! It should fit. Select to burn one of your avi's as Data. then burn.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    OK if you are just burning to a CD to watch on a computer you do not need TMPGEnc or Virtualdub. These programs, and the above websites are for making VCDs for your DVD player.

The codecs (DivX, XviD etc.) are things that allow you to watch the film on your computer, so they don't really affect burning a film to CD, although you will need the right ones installed when it comes to watching it!

The filesizes you quote should fit onto an 80min CD without any problems, so what burning software are you using (Nero, Easy CD Creator etc.) and what exactly does the error say when you try to burn it?

edit: or just do as above! Sorry, i was writing that while you posted Shinigami

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Does Windows Media Player sound right? That's what comes up when I load the CD to copy. (I told you I am ignorant to this stuff)

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    this tool may be of some help it tells you if you have the right codec installed its called gspot click on the small white box beside (right of) file path,use the drop down arrow to find the movie file click on it and the program tells you if you have the codec... it also list all your codec audio and video try this link for vcd's(video cd not dvd you need a dvd burner to make dvd's) it is alot nicer to watch on your tv dvdrhelp and don't worry about being new to this it took me a few tries as well. any concerns repost thanks

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I have a dvd burner. And I am just trying to burn these CDs for a friend to play on his computer. I know that it needed an Xvid codec, that's why I downloaded it. It plays fine on the computer, but I just can't seem to figure out how to burn it. I am using a Sony Vaio Pentium 4 processor. (Running windows XP) The error message only says it's detected an unknown error, and stops the copying. I was told the file is too big for the disk by one person, then told it was not too big by another. I have no idea.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    this tool may be of some help it tells you if you have the right codec installed its called gspot click on the small white box beside (right of) file path,use the drop down arrow to find the movie file click on it and the program tells you if you have the codec... it also list all your codec audio and video try this link for vcd's(video cd not dvd you need a dvd burner to make dvd's) it is alot nicer to watch on your tv dvdrhelp and don't worry about being new to this it took me a few tries as well. any concerns repost thanks
    This is all true but maybe you should worry about that further down the line

You can watch your movie in Windows Media Player but you can't burn the CD in it. What are you using when you get the error?

If you are definitely using 80min (700MB) CDs then those files are definitely not too big - they should fit fine.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast