Thread: Do Real & Qt Alternative Work On Win95?

If MPC officially isn't Win95-compatible, then it may still be possible to use an alternative player, right?

About the actual codecs though..... when the companies themselves said "it won't run on Win95", did they mean just the installer or the codecs themselves?

While I'm at it, do both the normal and Mega K-Lite Codec Packs also work on 95?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I don't think anything works on 95.

For the player, in theory, I suppose yes.

Well, if the companies said it won't work, they must be talking about the codecs, but if you're really good, maybe you could port it to 95, but WHY!??
    Why even ask? It's been abandoned.

A lot is being made that can't work on 95, and I wouldn't even try the codec packs on 95. What out of the entire package is still ment for 95? Probably nothing. Maybe you could try for a laugh.

It doesn't take a lot to upgrade.... It would be too much trouble, I think, for Windows 95.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    2000 and XP aren&#39;t the bee&#39;s knees you know ..... there are many companies out there that apparently still use NT 3.5/4.0 and/or 95 for their projects. Possibly even some Win 3.x users out there as well.

What I don&#39;t get, btw, is why people create software whose OS compatibility capabilities go like "98/NT/ME/2000/XP" - why do all the OSes except for one in particular? How can you add support for NT, which is roughly just as old as 95, let leave poor lil&#39; 95 out?

As for MPC, isn&#39;t it a bit silly to make it 98 only when it&#39;s blatantly based on WMP 6.4, which could run on 95 quite happily?

Man, in several years time, you lot will be going "Grah, XP is rubbish/shit/old hat, upgrade to Windows GibberPeePee instead&#33;" or something like that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You know what? ...It&#39;s scarey cuz you&#39;re right.

Still, I see Win 95 as the mistake that shoud be forgotten.

But, boy I can&#39;t wait until Windows GPP Second Edition Corporate SP3&#33;&#33;

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.