Thread: Freezed When Playing

Novice
    Hi there.

I'm having a little bit of a problem with loading some video on a number of my media players: Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player. As I try to load a movie or any sort of video(mostly .asf), my computer freezes; except the mouse. I respond with the ol' CTRL+ALT+DELETE and defeat the media player. As I defeat it, my computer screen turns black but back to its original status in 5 seconds. Anyways, I also noticed that this doesn't happen when I drag the file into the media player. It only happens when I locate the file from the player and open it. Can you tell me what is happening here and what you think I should do?

-I am using K-lite codec pack FULL. (I customized some features)(really dont member)
    -Windows 98SE
    -Windows Media Player Series 9
    -Media Player Classic 6,4,7,6

Thank you very much if you help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    you don't want to post topics 3 times. people don't like that and mods will punt you or some crap.
    Today is the day.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Old Fella
    No point downloading the Codec pack then using WMP, try the BS Player that came with the codec pack, or even better try Videolan.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Novice
    sorry about the postings (3 times). But I have BSPLAYER and VideoLAN also and I have problems with one of these as well. When I play a movie on videoLan, I try to move the screen somewhere more convienant so I can see better, but as soon as I touch the movie screen, it gives me some sort of Internal Problem shit. I dont know whats going on. Has it occured to you that it can just be something wrong with files on my computer. I already defragmented my whole computer but that could do so much.