Thread: Windows Xp Slower Speeds?

Poster
    Hello i jus uninstalled my win 2000 pro and installed win xp pro and now iam getting way slower download speeds with bittorent my download speed are twice as slow as my speeds used to be and then some my uploads speed are twice as much as my download speed ive tried 3 diff clients ....any 1 else experience this problem? any thing i can do to fix this
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Windows XP firewall still on?
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    no i turned that off ... but i was getting kick ass speeds with 2000 but now i have xp it jus sucks

Edit i turned it off in the middle of the download so i didnt see anything but i closed it off and restarted it , speeds are back to normal ... thx anyways
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    XP reserves somthing like 20% of bandwidth, there an option somewhere to turn this off.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    where is such an option?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Originally posted by junkyardking@6 February 2004 - 05:39
    XP reserves somthing like 20% of bandwidth, there an option somewhere to turn this off.
    go here for your answer http://www.theeldergeek.com/qos_band...ve_setting.htm