Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klite Web Dev Chat!

TRshady
    Hey all ...

I know we have MANY talented and budding web developers here; Haxor, I.am, Illuminati, CoolMac, SharedHolder to name a few.

Would it be possible for us to have a web dev chat room on irc?
    If 7th cannot make one for us ... maybe a member here with the hosting capablilities could make one and have I.am and Haxor or someone to run it? ...

Im sure it would work well, problems could get solved quicker, we could chat and having a subject, not just to meet new people, means it'll be a great dedicated place for web dev chat and help, something I have looked for ... but not found.

Whats everyone else think?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TRshady@5 February 2004 - 16:36
    SharedHolder to name a few.
    Cough

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    h1
    Unfortunately I cannot run the IRC channel.

I have connections though which might get us a permanently modded channel on DynastyNet.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Excellent Idea! Let us hope someone here can host it! I'll find out other ways as well.

@haxor, that might be a good idea to start with. But if we dont have external mods it would be great. I guess they dont allow warez etc. and we wont be discussing it there so it should be ok.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    Seems like a grand idea.

I&#39;m surely interested.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    h1
    LOL, my "connection" is FlatFace, one of the DynastyNet admins. He&#39;s an old friend so I thought I could squeeze something out of him.

Even FlatFace says that it was a terrible move making a 10th grader a root admin.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Originally posted by haxor41789@5 February 2004 - 20:46
    Even FlatFace says that it was a terrible move making a 10th grader a root admin.
    he might come in handy
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    I hope this idea picks up... there aren&#39;t too many good webdevs here though to answer the general populace imho... so there&#39;s I.am and h4x0r... maybe a couple more top. I know i won&#39;t be an active member

But good luck anyway I hope this idea picks up so other experienced web developers come join.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    TRshady
    Nice to see the others intrests

How about starting a remotely hosted chat room till we get our &#39;own&#39; one?
    Something like parahat for example ....

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by TRshady@6 February 2004 - 00:36
    Hey all ...

I know we have MANY talented and budding web developers here; Haxor, I.am, Illuminati, CoolMac, SharedHolder to name a few.

Would it be possible for us to have a web dev chat room on irc?
    If 7th cannot make one for us ... maybe a member here with the hosting capablilities could make one and have I.am and Haxor or someone to run it? ...

Im sure it would work well, problems could get solved quicker, we could chat and having a subject, not just to meet new people, means it&#39;ll be a great dedicated place for web dev chat and help, something I have looked for ... but not found.

Whats everyone else think?
    Damn - Never thought I&#39;d make the list

If you can make the IRC channel I may be able to make it. However, wherever you get it see if VHosts can be made on the server - A few like their privacy

But what&#39;s wrong with here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast