Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Up With All This Talk About Albumwraps?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Everybody in here looking for whole albums in this matter.I guess I am behind the times and not with it.....but have never downloaded one and probably never will.

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    To each their own. I love them. But I never really bought singles either, only full albums. These are much simpler than downloading 10 or 12 mp3s. It pisses me off when I have downloaded 8 and cant' get the last couple. This way you get the whole lot at the same time.

Like I said before. I am just a lazy bar steward,

3. Music   -   #3
    TRshady
    Also getting an albumwrap means all songs will be the same quality (usuallly) and the same volume. also its convenient.

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    album wraps rule
    i mean getting them all singelly sux. i get my albums using the donkey, it's easier to get links from the forums...
    but i have to say i don't like the mp3 ones, there the best in zip/rar/ace format, but in as singles. that way you won't have to split it up later.

Greetz,
    KraZaka

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by artmaster88@1 March 2003 - 13:48
    album wraps rule
    i mean getting them all singelly sux. i get my albums using the donkey, it's easier to get links from the forums...
    but i have to say i don't like the mp3 ones, there the best in zip/rar/ace format, but in as singles. that way you won't have to split it up later.

Greetz,
    KraZaka
    I store the albumwraps on CD as well as sharing all of them. I find it very convenient. Extracting takes well under a minute, so I don't have a problem with having to do it. I then use nero to burn them for playing on the radiogram. It's the best of all worlds for me. Other people like different things. Thats cool too, it's what suits yourself.

6. Music   -   #6
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@1 March 2003 - 13:04
    Everybody in here looking for whole albums in this matter.I guess I am behind the times and not with it.....but have never downloaded one and probably never will.
    That will be your loss FC, its realy works great
    I only see benefits, it should be used more, so we can find more albums.
    (if i could only knew, how to wrap it correctly, but thats an other discussion )

7. Music   -   #7
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I think Soulseek is the best to download full albums.

(FC you convinced me. B) )

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Music   -   #8
    imported_computerfreak76
    but wouldn't it take as much time to download the individual songs and burn them with a program that has volume levelization than to download a full album then find a program to split them up?

9. Music   -   #9
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    If the album contains 12 songs, you have to 12 searches, with a wrapped album only one.
    Recently i downloaded 'Only Time' by Enya for my mother, thats 4 cd's. I couldnt find the albumwrap
    So i searched and downloaded them individualy. Now that takes time.........
    Most of the songs were found quickly, but some....... After 5 days the album was complete.
    All different volumes, all different bitrates, but hey, its complete and my mom didnt complain
    And its no so hard to 'find' the album extractor, its posted here somewhere.
    Its more work to do the volume thing i guess..........

10. Music   -   #10
    Poster
    I tried soulseek and thought it was very good but didnt get near the speeds i do on kazaa...
    Albumwraps are a gr8 way of sharing full albums and spreading your own...i dont bother with individual tracks that much unless they are rare ones i am after.
    The tools you need are below and work fine for me..

File:AlbumWrap Extractor.zip
    Length:376146 Bytes,367KB
    UUHash:=T1HZMJzwy/+7Cp7l3DLeMCR71CI=

File:AlbumWrap Utility.zip
    Length:357283 Bytes,349KB
    UUHash:=xccEXXTFna1eN8M68LfLx35f6io=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast