Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Musicworld Database

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    We also have to consider what encoders are allowed in.I mean I download anything 160 bitrate or higher just because Encspot says it is not bad and I don't mind so alot of what I have downloaded from people are encoded with older encoders.....Xing.And nowadays alot of people will only except MP3s encoded with at least the newest version of LAME or what not.

2. Music   -   #22
    Poster
    The newest version of Lame (3.93) is sh!t. :x
    The best encoders right now are Lame (3.92) and Fraunhoffer.

3. Music   -   #23
    Originally posted by DataMore@5 March 2003 - 15:43
    The newest version of Lame (3.93) is sh!t. :x
    The best encoders right now are Lame (3.92) and Fraunhoffer.
    That is what I use when ripping my collection(LAME 3.92).

So what we have so far is 192 bitrate or above only and must be at least LAME 3.92 and Fraunhoffer.What other ENCODERS are as good as LAME and Fraunhoffer or better?

4. Music   -   #24
    Poster
    Just a wee thought. Why don't you get what is available just now, even if it is 128k bitrate. To make the DB as complete as possible. Put that all together then change the songs / albums as higher rate rips become available.

If there are already versions which meet your criteria then obviously this would not be an issue. However you wouldn't want to miss stuff out, particularly rare stuff, just because it wasn't up to the exact standard, even though it was quite acceptable.

5. Music   -   #25
    Poster
    If you use the VBR (Variable Bit Rate) encoding method (wheter with Lame or Fraunhoffer), it will create better quality mp3's.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, read this.

6. Music   -   #26
    Originally posted by DataMore@5 March 2003 - 16:00
    If you use the VBR (Variable Bit Rate) encoding method (wheter with Lame or Fraunhoffer), it will create better quality mp3's.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, read this.
    I know what Variable Bit Rate...I have just always used constant bit rate.

We have to look into this issue also.....damn jetje was right...this is alot more work then the Movie Database .Where is Infested Cats and Colt Seevers?

7. Music   -   #27
    Poster
    OK, I just made a search on Google and it turns out that VBR isn't compatible with some MP3 players. :x
    Just stick with the CBR.

8. Music   -   #28
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    OK, I just made a search on Google and it turns out that VBR isn't compatible with some MP3 players. :x
    Just stick with the CBR.
    The only PC MP3 player that I know of that doesn't like VBR mp3's is Windows Media Player, and that just can't calculate the length correclty, as is the case with most portable MP3 players, instead of the time they just display "VBR" or simmilar

9. Music   -   #29
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    LAME 192k sounds great. CD covers and extras like playlists would also be nice.

My biggest complaint about previous posts on this forum are the albumwraps. There are so many sources for mp3s on the web. There is no reason to albumwrap anything. I hate downloading more software when I could just find the files faster by searching.

I suggest that we post the individual songs, with a CD cover, a track list or .NFO, and a playlist if possible. If you really want to serve the full CD, then .zip or .rar the files. I see no need in forcing people to download a full CD for only one song.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

10. Music   -   #30
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Luca_Snipes@5 March 2003 - 17:22
    The only PC MP3 player that I know of that doesn't like VBR mp3's is Windows Media Player, and that just can't calculate the length correclty, as is the case with most portable MP3 players, instead of the time they just display "VBR" or simmilar
    Windows Media Player 9 works 100% for me. Maybe this was an older WMP problem?--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast