Thread: Klite Network In Danger...help Required

shirko
    I truly beleive in P2P technology and thats why im posting this message. I have been one of the first users of klite 2.4.3 and have found it to be a very stable and handy software.

However lately i have been experiencing some weird problems with it. klite crashes unexpectedly when sharing is enabled. when i disable file sharing it works perfectly and without any problems. i tried unistalling and installing again. i also tried deleting the DB file. i even thought that it might be my firewall and disabled it.

all this didnt seem to solve the problem and im afraid that if more users start experiencing this, the network will gradually see a decrease in people sharing files.

this is the message that i get when it crashes:

AppName: kazaalite.kpp AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kazaalite.kpp
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000f9de2

your help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    thnx.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Go here and download K-Lite 2.6. Current is RC13.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    @shirko 2.6 is not complete, and does not have all the features on klite like extensions etc.

you problem is most likely because of a corrupt file in your shared folder or a corrupt db folder.

first lets empty your shared folder to a temp folder and see if this happens still.

changing your version of klite will not fix your problem.

@Autumn Fox, this is not an advertising spot for 2.6, i know you are a member of that forum but you know better than to tell people their klite is crashing because of their version

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    internet.news
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@8 February 2004 - 15:32
    @shirko 2.6 is not complete, and does not have all the features on klite like extensions etc.

you problem is most likely because of a corrupt file in your shared folder or a corrupt db folder.

first lets empty your shared folder to a temp folder and see if this happens still.

changing your version of klite will not fix your problem.

@Autumn Fox, this is not an advertising spot for 2.6, i know you are a member of that forum but you know better than to tell people their klite is crashing because of their version
    I don't know if K-Lite 2.6 is working. The last working and I am using is K++ 2.4.3.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    It is crashing beacause it is hashing new files... If you want you can download klite ressurection from wwwlkliteressurection.com

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    2.6 has it's bugs mainly due to the fact that it's still developing, but it will have more passibilities then any 2.0.2 based K-Lite (i.e.2.4.3). It's positively worty trying.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by killer04@8 February 2004 - 16:05
    It is crashing beacause it is hashing new files... If you want you can download klite ressurection from wwwlkliteressurection.com
    go there to download Kazaa Lite Resurrection it is the official site:KLR

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    For god sake just let the network die B)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by junkyardking@9 February 2004 - 01:46
    For god sake just let the network die B)
    Go and jump from a goddman clif into a pool of acid or something B)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Asgatlat+8 February 2004 - 21:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Asgatlat @ 8 February 2004 - 21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-killer04@8 February 2004 - 16:05
    go there to download Kazaa Lite Resurrection it is the official site:KLR [/b][/quote]
    thats good advice