Thread: Almost Every Download Says 'more Sources Needed'

Poster
    i have about 20 downloads on my traffic page that keep saying 'more sources needed'. when i click 'find more sources for download' it will find users and start to connect on some, but without success.

also, the download speeds are always very slow. usually between .75 and 1.75 kbps, sometimes dropping down to like 0.02 kbps. i have a regular dialup connection, but should it be a little faster than this?
    i've also read that windows xp has some sort of built in firewall that causes klite to run slower. does anyone know anything about this?

and can anyone suggest other good places that have a bigger selection of downoads? a lot of my searches are coming back with few or no results.

thanks for any help

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    Okay, firstly I assume you are getting soem success if you are telling us your speeds. On dial up you will usually average between 3-4 Kb/s total on downloads (so that would 10 downloads each between 0.3-0.4).

Windows XP firewall, believe if that was an issue you would not even be able to connect so should be okay.

Look around this forum for other alternative p2p applications like Overnet etc. But on dial up you are going to have to be very patient.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Soundscape@6 February 2004 - 19:33
    i have about 20 downloads on my traffic page that keep saying 'more sources needed'. when i click 'find more sources for download' it will find users and start to connect on some, but without success.

also, the download speeds are always very slow. usually between .75 and 1.75 kbps, sometimes dropping down to like 0.02 kbps. i have a regular dialup connection, but should it be a little faster than this?
    i've also read that windows xp has some sort of built in firewall that causes klite to run slower. does anyone know anything about this?

and can anyone suggest other good places that have a bigger selection of downoads? a lot of my searches are coming back with few or no results.

thanks for any help
    first of all who says " it found sources'???? no it didn't , what it did was go throw the sources ip it has stored in the dat file but becauser the sources are not available for one reason or another, it did not connect.

second why do you have 20 downloads at a time??? pause them and try 1 or 2 ata time.

remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps, if you have a router get kanat

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    first off, thanks for the suggestions, guys

MUSCLEMAN- let try to explain better

when i click 'find more sources' it will start searching and then say like '3 users' for example , and then 'connecting', but i never starts downloading and the users start to drop out until i have no sources left.

and i'm not trying to download 20 files at once- usually just 2 or 3 at the most. when i fisrt started out i just had 4 or 5 on my downloading page, but a few of them i couln't download- 'more sources needed'. so i find others to download for the time being, but most of them end up saying 'more sources needed'. so now it's built up to about 25 in my list that won't download. and that's why i'm here

how do i change supernodes and ports? i've already lowered my upload bandwith.
    'remove the no ip sources from your dat files' - i don't know how to do that, either

:helpsmile:

Cyril- the fastest speed i've ever had while downloading only one file has been about 2.3 kb/s , and that was aly a few times. like i said, it'susually about .75-1.75 kb/s.

can anyone suggest another p2p site with a wider music selection?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    well firt of all your 2.6 is not complete so it could have bugs.

second i understand you hit more sources but there are none for klite to connect to.

do a test :

please do a test,search for van halen?s right now and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

let me know what you got

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    ok. i got 441 results for 'van halen'. i chose the first the first result on the list- 'Van Halen-hot for teaher.mp3'. all traffic is paused, including the hot for teacher.mp3
    i'm not sure if you wanted me to wait until i got 40 search results or a a file with atleast 40 sources. the closest to 40 i found was 'Van Halen-Jump.mp3' with 37 sources. i went ahead put that file in my traffic page just incase that's what you mean't.

thanks for yopur help, man

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    lol i need to put " there, the name of the song is "right now", my fault sorry.

what i want is in the search window you see one file "right now" that has 40 sources.

then with traffic window clear or pasued i want you to download that file with 40 sources.

and then tell me what your speed is with that file