Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beaver Talk

What does everyone think about beavers??

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The animal?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    any beaver, whatever takes your fancy

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Beaver County, Pennsylvania.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    I have no comment to make at this time. I have decided I need more time to consider my position.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Beaver City, Utah.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Beaver Sports Ltd.

Beaver Sports is this year proudly celebrating its 20thanniversary. In 1982 the companies founder, the late Dennis Walker, was involved in the flooring and furnishing business mainly engaged in local government contract work, which at the time was a declining industry due to government spending cuts. He had an interest in water sports and after some research turned to making wet suits in an effort to provide continued employment for his staff and small factory located above his carpet shop. From these humble beginnings Dennis soon recognised a niche in the diving world and Beaver are now firmly established as a major global player in the dive industry.

Martin Walker, Managing Director

Martin Walker became Managing Director in 1987. Martin has been involved in his fathers various ventures from a young age and has gradually developed and transformed the company into today’s hi-tech business. He also continues his father’s love of diving being a BSAC dive leader and PADI rescue diver and has developed a vast knowledge of the industry and divers needs, ensuring he uses his experience to keep his customers satisfied. Customer service has always been a top priority for Beaver.

Beaver have operated from their current premises for the last 16 years and will shortly be completing the final part of a complete transformation of the facilities performed over the last few years. The whole interior is modern, bright and spacious with a total area of over 15,000 square feet. It is split into working areas dedicated to production, warehousing and office areas all providing a pleasant and safe working environment.

Hand made neoprene suits from the U.K.

Technology
    Beaver has embraced computerisation in all aspects; Even the cutting of suits is now performed using a state of the art CAD/CAM system. Beaver produce all their sales literature in house using fully automated Xerox equipment, catalogues are printed, collated, folded and stapled simply at the click of a mouse&#33; All stock control and order processing are performed using a custom designed computer programme, which ensures smooth operation and instant information. Investment continues in technology and equipment to optimise processes whenever possible.

Beaver&#39;s automated CAD/CAM system.

Products

Beaver have strived to remain at the forefront of innovation having introduced over 100 new products this year and have many more in the pipeline. Amongst many of Beavers inventions that have been imitated and are now commonplace are the semi-dry suit and soft lead shot pouches and belts. Beavers’ range is continually expanding, in addition to producing a vast range of suits for both diving and water sports they market a huge range of products to cater for diver requirements.

In addition to production for the diving market Beaver are involved in manufacturing many diverse products for example skullcaps used in chemotherapy treatment to prevent hair loss, protective sleeves for musicians and paint ball monster suits&#33; As well as a growing range, which caters for the canoeing and caving market.

We supply a selection of the best diving equipment
    and accessories from all over the world, all CE marked to
    give you peace of mind.

Constructing custom products.

Just about every diving product is now featured. Beaver is committed to expanding the range at a steady pace, ensuring that high quality products and levels of stock are maintained.
    Key to Beaver’s high level of service is the huge inventory of stock, for example, over 5,000 suits are held available on an ongoing basis and 99% of products are dispatched the same day as orders are received.

A wide range of suits is available.

Beavers’ expansion is continuing apace and they will shortly be seeking to move from their 15,000 sq ft premises to a more spacious location to accommodate their growth. Their products are available worldwide and Beaver are actively expanding their overseas markets together with increased market share in their core domestic business. Beaver are always keen to hear from potential customers and suppliers.
    Premises in Huddersfield, UK

Staff
    Martin has built a team of staff with the necessary skills required to meet today’s diverse demands of the industry, many of them have been employed since the company’s foundation, quite an achievement in today’s employment climate&#33; Kevin Donnelly the company&#39;s Financial Director manages the administrative aspects on a day-to-day basis in addition to the company&#39;s design, advertising and IT requirements. Dean Martin manages many of Beavers’ expanding overseas markets travelling to visit customers on a regular basis. Chris Taylor is the UK representative who travels nationwide servicing over 500 domestic UK accounts. London based Lamashango Okitokay handles Beavers’ large African market. Maureen Mayman supervises neoprene production with the help of her team. The extensively stocked warehouse is managed by Neville Stockhill and designed to enable efficient selection and dispatch of customers orders.

Part of The Beaver Team

If you want the best, choose Beaver...
    Professional, Commercial and Leisure divers all over the world agree.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    The beaver is a national symbol of my country you know.

And now for the gratuitous beaver shot...

Yeah, sorry... I know that was lame... but someone had to do it

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    I have a beaver hat which I wear during the winter season.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by fugley@6 February 2004 - 16:43
    I have a beaver hat which I wear during the winter season.
    Speaking of beavers, did Debbi forgive you fugley?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast