Thread: Missing A Partition?

I just formatted my HDD, and split it into 2. I was going to use 30gig for Windows XP and it's stuff, and another 10gig for linux. I recently partitioned at school in class as part of a lesson, and all I had to do was creat a partition and then format it. Later, I was able to go into My Computer and format D (which should have been the leftover HD space). However, this is not the case with my XP home. It says my C drive has 30gig, but there is no other drives. So, does that mean I should pop in my XP cd and format another partition, or what? The only way I know of doing it is through the XP install disk. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I do hate trial & error.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Dual boot I think ? hope this link helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...&NoWebContent=1

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nope, that's not it. Guess I wasn't very coherant with my problem.
    I can't find out how to take the leftover space from my HD (10gig left) and make that into an explorable drive like the C drive. I'm gonna try popping in the CD, see if that will solve the problem. Doubt it, though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Go to control panel>administrative tools>computer management>disk management.
    Does the 10GB partition show up there?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Sounds like you have left it unpartitioned.

Boot with the xp disk and check it because if you leave it unpartitioned, windows wont be able to see it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@7 February 2004 - 01:05
    Sounds like you have left it unpartitioned.
    Negative, he just left it unformatted. As 4th gen said, do that and you'll fix it B)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Evil Gemini was right. I booted up with the CD, and it was still unpartitioned. Shows up fine, now.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Soma Cruz@7 February 2004 - 20:07
    Evil Gemini was right. I booted up with the CD, and it was still unpartitioned. Shows up fine, now.