Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Janet Jackson Lawsuit

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    source
    second source from a comic ( you know why )

Aol is demanding it's sponsorship money back, the rules for live broadcasting are being changed and now a bank worker is suing for billions for "outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury"
    Was this due to some terrible act of such dastardly evil as to cause society to collapse?
    It's because of the Janet Jackson superbowl perfomance.
    I have only seen the highlighted version (ending) but as far as i could tell one would have needed a tv 24 feet across to be able to see anything in any detail whatsoever, in fact the media had to zoom in with enlargements to see anything at all.
    My question is not really about the morals of the incident rather questioning the motives behind the backlash. To me it seems all about making or saving money.
    Aol will regain $5 million but will not have lost any of its publicity advertising and as for the bank worker suing...well just how much damage could have been done ? after all we all have bodies and i don't think the human form is "evil".
    i am not advocating a free for all uncontrolled open media where the bounds of taste should go unchecked but in this case i feel that (forgive the pun) a mountain is being made out of a molehill

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Just saw that
    they will Delay "live" performances on tv by five minutes in the future
    to avoid any stars trying to become "bigger" stars.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    This whole world has gone politically correct. You can't have the window open when having a shower these days in case someone looks in and has a heart attack, thus lawsuit ensuing. It is all about the money, and it seems right now, it's working.

If I was a judge and this came before me, I'd laugh them out of court.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i think i am going to sue Bucks Fizz for the skirt removing routine on the Eurovision song contest....i was just a young man back then but the scars are still with me

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I find it barely credible that anyone could take this seriously. It is beyond belief that a court and judges time will be wasted on this.

As for AOL - well that is just sharp business practice. Opportunism at its most blatant.

It is a mad mad world (at least I am sane)
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    anyone who find what she did wrong is jus a moron it was a mistake ,she apoligized for it ..end of story .anyone find something wrong with it is jus gay or dumb.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    It's America, people sue over whatever the fuck they want here.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by bujub22@7 February 2004 - 13:53
    anyone who find what she did wrong is jus a moron it was a mistake ,she apoligized for it ..end of story .anyone find something wrong with it is jus gay or dumb.
    Correction, it wasn't a mistake; It was planned to take place during the half-time show.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@7 February 2004 - 14:00
    It&#39;s America, people sue over whatever the fuck they want here.
    heh true.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It WAS inappropriate but that&#39;s about it.

This is bullshit with all this so called "outrage".
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast