Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cgi

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by haxor41789@7 February 2004 - 19:12
    Well, if you're that good at C/Perl, you can always make your scripts bulletproof.
    Perlmonger

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Marius24+7 February 2004 - 23:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 @ 7 February 2004 - 23:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@7 February 2004 - 21:24
    Cgi is fine if its what "you" want to try. Lots of sites use cgi. However, you need to make sure you secure your site because a lot of web scanners are composed of more cgi exploits than anything else.
    i was hoping to be doing a small project on something like ebay (same principle) and noticed they use cgi so thought that would be best [/b][/quote]
    You could use ASP, but would need a windows server.

I have used CGI scripts (in perl) for form processing and it works great. There are some security issues i&#39;ll have to address in the next few days before the biz can go live, but they are straight forward to solve.
    Robert00000

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    h1
    How come no one has mentioned PHP?

And no SHN, I&#39;m not a Perlmonger. Just look at my title.

But with my function brain() not working, who knows?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    maybe i will do this in asp. It looks easier and im abit short on time :helpsmile:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    h1
    ASP sucks. Use PHP. It&#39;s much less complex and daunting, yet can match ASP for flexibility and power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12